wedding songs

mrswolfbane
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:04 pm 
Post subject: wedding songs
well my wedding is in 1 and 1 day and im choosing wedding songs and omg its awful all the songs make me cry darn pregnancy hormones.

its not a fancy wedding its just the local reg office and some friends and some family i dont even have a proper dress lol we dont have a reception booked jus goin to the local weather spoons for the buy one get one free meals lmfao.
i cant wait though.
does anybody have some nice songs perhaps im taken with westlifes i do from the back home album hoping other half likes it though.

lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:30 pm 
Post subject:
owwww good luck hun i got married when i was pregnant to so no how you feel xxxxx
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:31 pm 
Post subject:
its a good thing but i have my proper wedding dress lying in wait for next year,i did foolishly attempt to try it on and it just wudnt fit i was slightly upset lol.
hope ur wedding was good and congrats xxx

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:05 pm 
Post subject:
Our first dance was Elton John's "Your Song".......makes me cry every time I hear it. Baby likes to dance to "Tiny Dancer" too so I reckon he's an Elton fan as well!!!!! xxxxx
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
We had Paul Weller - "You do something to me" for our first dance its a magical song it gives me goosebumps x
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:02 pm 
Post subject:
I walked up the aisle to " It had to be you" me and my dad practically bounced up lol lol

Mrs Wolfblane congrats hun hope you have a fabulous day..

Flossie xxxxxxxxx

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:04 pm 
Post subject:
Awww that's cute Floss!!! I had bagpipes when I walked up the aisle - stop laughing Flossie!!!!!! And when we were signing the register I had my mum's friend singing "My love is like a red, red rose" (the Robert Burns poem). It was all very Scottish!!! xxxxxx
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:07 pm 
Post subject:
No way Arch bagpipes are really close to my heart my Grandad used to play them and the Accordian and he was the best!!! I have been known to attend a few weddings in tartan too - as a bridesmaid to my Uncle, hated every minute of it as it itched the pants off me Laughing

That poem is lovely to, oooh getting emotional - Flossie xxxxxxxxx

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:15 pm 
Post subject:
It was amazing actually cos we had this piper (a proper scots guard one who came free with the castle!!) all day and he kept the kids amused with stories of the war and the pipes! He played them when we cut the cake too whihc was lovely and let us cut it with his big sword!!! There was a right phase in the 80s of people up here making all their bridesmaids wear tartan so you must have got caught up in it!! Laughing I need to order Paul's kilt up this week actually for my brother's wedding - he looks so handsome in it!!! I love him in a kilt and he wears the jacobite outfit which is not all fussy with bow ties (imagine braveheart outfit) so he looks "dead sexy"!!! Very Happy xxxx
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
Now is it a myth or does a true scotsman wear any undies lol Twisted Evil

I was about 6 I think so it would have been about 1974 - old git I am....it had a bonnet to the outfit with black velvet banding and tie under the chin lol lol and my hair was in ringlets lol lol Was a bridesmaid the following year to another Uncle in a yellow 1970's hippy dress was a bit more comfy............

Your wedding sounds really lovely Archie, really traditional.

Flossie xxx

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:22 pm 
Post subject:
My dad wears pants (he says he has to cos he's italian!!) but no one else does!!!!! Wink Laughing xxxx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:23 pm 
Post subject: wedding song
Hi,
We got married on April 6th this year in Cape Town. Our first song was "the wedding song" by Demis Roussous. Lovely song, still makes me cry.
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:40 pm 
Post subject:
Archie lol lol - F xxxxxxxx

OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm 
Post subject:
Our first Dance was "So Close" by Dina Carrol (If anyone remembers her). Sounds a fantastic time Archie. mrswolfbane Im sure the day will be wonderful and it =s what you your friends and family make of it. All the best. Pupx
mrswolfbane
Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
awww thanks everyone xxx

my oh was in tartan for his mums wedding last year i made him wear pants though he didnt want lol.
luckily oh likes the i do song just looking at a walking out song and a signing the registar song(hadnt thought of that)
we wont be havng a first dance till the re-newals next year or year after when we can afford it really.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular