Breastfeeding and periods and rubbish doctors

DOBSON
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:33 pm 
Post subject: Breastfeeding and periods and rubbish doctors
Hi,
Im a bit confused I asked my doc at 6 week check when I would get a periods I am breast feeding (14 weeks) he just said anytime and shrugged!!! This is also the same doc who said my pnd (severe with VERY severe anxiety-not safe in my own home ,wanting to run away etc) was just me being over tired and a control freak!! nice eh!!
Just wondering if anyone can shed light on the subject of when the dreaded periods might show up? Still breastfeeding if that helps?
much love
xxx
Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:43 pm 
Post subject:
Im afraid he was right hun, your period can show up at any time. Women who breast feed normally get their periods later. I didn't get mine back until after about four months of giving birth cos I was breast feeding. Some lucky women make it to six months Very Happy
Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:01 pm 
Post subject:
my friend is still breastfeeding her 13 month old and still hasn't got her periods back!

I expressed every feed from birth, and got my period 3 weeks after giving birth Sad It really does depend on the individual I'm afraid.
Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Dobson, i breastfed Thomas for 10 weeks and got my period a week after i stopped breastfeeding.

So just to unhelpfully confirm that, yup looks like it could be anytime Rolling Eyes x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular