tips please on flying for 8 hrs with 11 month old

yochef
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:21 am 
Post subject: tips please on flying for 8 hrs with 11 month old
hi , im getting so worked up over flying to usa with my 11 mnth old girl, any tips please, i dont know why im so nervous, i seem to worry what other passengers will think if she cries..silly isnt it. we fly non stop for 8 hrs..oh god Sad iv never done this before, its always just been myself to look after!
so please someone say they have done the same sort of journey
much appreaciated mum
ElliottsDaddy
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:56 am 
Post subject:
We took Elliott to Oz when he was 9 months old. He was not crawling at that stage, but we took toys on the plane and picture books and it went fine. He did sleep some of the time which helped on a 21 hour trip.

I would say take toys that would get thru customs and check with the airline. We took him to France in August and are going to Ireland at the weekend. We will be taking toys, colouring books (no good for a 11 mth old) and books to read just to take his mind off where he is.

It is just a case of entertaining them.

Try and get a bulkhead seat because you will not have anyone in front of you.
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:13 am 
Post subject:
hiya

babies are surprisingly good at coping really, as long as you are calm. When I got married almost 2 years ago in the caribbean, my brother brought his 3 kids, and Talia was 17 months at the time, so a bit older - toddling. She did cry a bit, which can annoy people on a 10 hour flight - but my sis-in-law just walked her around so that it wasn't just the same people getting and earful all the time. The worst bit was right at the end when she was massively sick from on high as my bro was holding her at the time. I'd say try to be aware of where your little one is pointing as much as possible as baby puke is not a nice fragrance for other passengers. The Cabin crew had plenty of disinfectant etc to help remove the smell, so it wasn't disastrous. Entertainment is the key for them though - favourite toys and loads of attention from you are vital.

Hope it goes OK - and really, don't worry - what will be will be, and the more relaxed you are, the more relaxed your baby will be Very Happy
somoslagente
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:48 am 
Post subject: donīt know where you are at with feeding
donīt know where you are at with feeding but as some people give a bottle or breast feed for a year or so perhaps my friends tip will help.

she went to Brasil for a wedding with 2 little ones and breast fed the little one on take off and landing
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:43 am 
Post subject:
i took my daughter to spain when she was 1 year and 18 months.

she was very gd. as long as your calm and patient they will be 2.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Travel with your Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular