drop in platelet count

sujit
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:01 am 
Post subject: drop in platelet count
hi
mym baby was diagnosed with a staph infection , and hence was operated on tuesday 27th may 2008 to tap and remove the cellulos from his back and legs
subsequently the redeness due to the infection is reducing , but the doctor also has said that there is a imflamation of the liver and the platelet count has dropped

can anyone help me on what this means

Last edited by sujit on Thu May 29, 2008 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:22 am 
Post subject:
Im sorry my dear I dont but I wish your baby well, hopefully one of the other ladies on here will be along soon to help you. take care Pupx
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:13 am 
Post subject:
so nice to have you back, I have been wondering how you and bubs were doing. OK, platelets are in the blood flow to help with clotting. They can get low when they leave the system quicker than the bone marrow can make them. New born babies have a lower count till they reach around 3 months of age. While they are low there is a small chance of a bleed and thats what the doctors will be watching for. There are a couple of reasons why they will be low but thats not something we should discuss on here, please talk to the doctor in charge of you baby, ask questions till you are satified. I wish you the very very best of luck.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular