the mental morning!!

smudge1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:49 pm 
Post subject: the mental morning!!
Hi all,
Wonder if anyone can help. Our baby is 1yr 7 mnths and as long as I can remember (probably not as long as I think) he goes absolutely mad every morning. My wife feeds him a bottle about 7-30am before he has weetabix/toast about 9am. After the bottle my wife has to get ready for work (i've already left) and she puts him back in the cot while she showers. This is where he goes beserk - also the first change of the day he does the same.
All other times when changing/bathing etc he is generally very good.
Writing on behalf of a mum who is at her wits end
All replies welcome...
littleyellowduck
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

I don't have any magic solutions I'm afraid, but I just wanted to let you know you're not the only one. My little boy goes crazy during his first nappy change, I'm sure the neighbours think I'm throtlling him! As soon as it's over he is fine, and happy during the rest of the day.
I feel for your wife, cause it isnt nice, especially when you don't know what to do to help, it's really frustating and draining.

I hope we can find a solution together!
snowiemountain
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:44 pm 
Post subject: Re: the mental morning!!
smudge1 wrote:
Hi all,
Wonder if anyone can help. Our baby is 1yr 7 mnths and as long as I can remember (probably not as long as I think) he goes absolutely mad every morning. My wife feeds him a bottle about 7-30am before he has weetabix/toast about 9am. After the bottle my wife has to get ready for work (i've already left) and she puts him back in the cot while she showers. This is where he goes beserk - also the first change of the day he does the same.
All other times when changing/bathing etc he is generally very good.
Writing on behalf of a mum who is at her wits end
All replies welcome...

hi there
i hope you dont think im rude
but could it be your child is still hungry after his bottle, my daughter is a year old, she wakes at 7 and has breakfast at 7.30, with water then i will change her nappy and get her dressed as she feesl quite settled, by now. i dont give her a bottle untill around nine. maybe im just lucky, but if your child is quite full then maybe he wont mind going back in the cot for a while to play whilst your wife does what she needs to do.
im no expert but a full baby is a content baby. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular