Learning to talk

christine82
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:33 pm 
Post subject: Learning to talk
For those of you ladies who have little ones just over one. How is their speech coming on? I have noticed a pattern forming with Olivias which has got me giggling as I type this. She can say Mam, dad etc but the rest of her vocabulary all starts with the letter H?? Laughing
She can say: Hat, head, help, hiya, hope (her cousins name), Is that a bit weird? I only just realised that she sticks to H letters haha. And the funniest thing is that when people say goodbye she says hiya. She will not repeat bye for anyone!! Laughing
Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:31 pm 
Post subject:
hi doesnt sound weird to me, my little one says mamma daddy hi ya, nana, no, ta, but her favorite word is whats that. or whats this, she says it all the time its quite cute but sometimes we just get baby blabble lol. especially when she talking to her toys in the cot xxx
Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:58 pm 
Post subject:
hey hun my son speech started coming on fairly well from about 14 months onward i find that his speech got extrememly good around 17 18 months and now is brilliant i find that bottle, dunnies and thumbs will make there speeche slurred and lazy as they dont use there tounge properly so would advise no dummies as i had probs with my son as he wouldl not take it out when talking but once i got it off him he was well away xxx
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 am 
Post subject:
Hunter has a dummy but only for bedtime and his speech is ok, when he wants to talk!!! (normally mum/mummy, dad/daddy and nana. Yest he said "daddy read". He is more of a listener and a watcher. Dont worry if speech is delayed, your babe could be a thinker and doer rather than a talker. Take heart, Mozart didnt talk till he was 5yrs, and look how amazing he was!! If our doc is happy with Hunters development then I am too or I would find things to worry about all the time Shocked

Jump to:  

Community

Popular