partner not accepting pregnancy very well

stephanieclarke
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:25 pm 
Post subject: partner not accepting pregnancy very well
i wondered if anyone has experience of dealing with husbands/partners are or were unsure about continuing a pregnancy.i am 4 weeks pregnant,i have a 14 month old and knowing how much he has bought to my life i cant see myself terminating....just feel abit like i could do with anyones opinion thats been through similar circumstances?
wenmac
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:55 am 
Post subject: partner not accepting pregnancy
I am really sorry to hear about your situation but I think it is hard sometimes for a man to relate to what a woman is going through in pregnancy. I personally wouldn't recommend a termination - I have been through this and believe me you would need so much more support after that experience possibly than you do now - it's not the easy option and a decision you would have to live with for the rest of your life. I think you should tell your partner exactly how you feel and try to come up with a ploan or solution as to how he can support you more. Remember you will be feeling more vulnerable just now anyway with all the hormonal activity going on in your body....
I hope you find peace and a solution to move forward....
BitterBite
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:58 pm 
Post subject:
Sometimes the partners feel that they are burdened due to responsibilites and financial status.Tell them the beautiful time they have in future with a new baby and your 14 mth old baby will get a company.Time will be much lively ....Well it depends how is your situationa nd why he doesn't want the baby....
talk to him, cut and open your heart....I'm sure he'll feel where you are coming from.As being a mother its very very hard to terminate the baby. ~ Perhaps men sould be more like us Wink Soft hearted ....

All the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular