New to this forum, 2yrs in April ttc baby 1

Kirsty1981
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:56 pm 
Post subject: New to this forum, 2yrs in April ttc baby 1
Hi all,

I'm new on this site but have been on others but became a bit obsessed so stopped going on.

Here's a bit of backgroud about me; i'm 26, have been married to my husband John for 3 years in September and we've been together 10 years this year. We've been ttc baby 1 for 2 years in April. We're now on the IVF waiting list as John had slightly abnormal test results - the fertility clinic were lovely and said not to panic by it but that we had been trying long enough and the fact John's tests weren't perfect was enough to get us on the list - seens as its a 2 year wait!

On top of that i have longer cycles of between 30 and 39 days! Today is day 40 and no signs of period. I did a test on Friday (day 37) but it was negative; if nothing today i'm going to test again tomorrow morning.

However i've been feeling really really sick all day! I'm pretty sure its not in my head because i've became quite good at not getting my hopes up each month and am actually pretty resigned to the fact that we're going to need IVF.

I wanted to know if any of the ladies on here with children already had any similar situations where they'd had a negative round when they're period was due only to have a positive a few days later? Also, it was a clearblue digital the ones that say either 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant' rather than having 1 or 2 lines and whether you would recommend another type over these.

Thanks for your time
Love and baby dust to all you trying
Kirsty xxx
BitterBite
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
personally,I use 'First response' early pregnancy detecters, they really good and can tell even before you miss your period . that 4days before hand. Don't worry about the negative appearence , it does happen amongst some women as due to low HCG levels in the urine. Some even reach 6-8 weeks and get negative. I the other day was reading that after several attempts of negative they at last had a positive sign at 7 weeks.
God knows.
Anyhow, I wish you all the best.Keep trying to test after every 2 days or wait a week or so, the HCG doubles every 2 days until the first 3-4 months.
If still not working , visit doctor and ask for quantative HCG blood test.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular