Pregnant pole dancing instructor. What should I do??

verticalvic
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:02 pm 
Post subject: Pregnant pole dancing instructor. What should I do??
I have just discovered that I am 5 weeks pregnant after me and my husband thad been trying for 11 months. I am soo excited!

Before I conceived I taught Pole Dancing at my local gym two nights a week (strictly for fitness). I still have another 5 weeks of teaching bookings- is it wise to carry on with this until the end of the 5 weeks? I would normally teach climbing the pole and inverted tricks etc- My gut instict says this isnt wise but excercise is good isnt it?? Help!
BitterBite
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:49 pm 
Post subject:
Personally if I were you, I would have judged the amount of hip hop movements I'll be doing.I woudn't have like to put my baby at risk considering the fact that my hubby wanted it for so long.
I'd say better to ask you doctor and judge it yourself as how you'll be teaching.
Or you can avoid and enjoy the time with your unborn baby Smile
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:34 pm 
Post subject:
some aspects of it should be fine, after about 8 wks i think it is the ligaments around your joints become more soft therefore making you prone to easier injury so i would keep that in mind, also when you are stretching off dont hold the stretch for too long as you can cause ligament damage...
dawn (personal trainer)
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:20 pm 
Post subject:
baby isnt out of ur pelvis till 12 weeks. i have asked both mw and doctor as i go to the gym 3 times a week for a 40 min workout. they said im allowed to carryon but not get too out of breath and not do more than im used to, they also said by 20 weeks i would probably be too big to do most of it anyway.

with lapdancing if ur not hitting ur stomach on the poles e.t.c i cant see a problem. y not phone mw for more advice. doctors can b useless as babies arent their expertise like the mw!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular