my baby wont eat any hot meals help!!!!

bubble08
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:12 pm 
Post subject: my baby wont eat any hot meals help!!!!
i dont know if my 14mth old is just going through a phase but mealtimes are now becoming a nightmare. this is day 3 im im starting to worry now she wont eat any hot meals i give her. never had a problem with meal times. she will eat finger food, i thought she was going through a phase, were she wants to feed herself? but she just plays with the spoon nothing goes in the mouth. i know i should relax but im worried shes not getting enough to eat. how do we overcome this stage? any advice please would be very greatful x Sad
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:28 pm 
Post subject:
Try not to worry to much, does she drink a lot of milk during the day? if she does this could be filling her up?
bubble08
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:24 pm 
Post subject:
she has 3 bottles through the day but just cows milk 1 after breakfast, 1 for her afternoon nap and 1 before bed and the rest of the time its juice x Sad
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:44 pm 
Post subject:
The only reson why i asked is that i had same problem with my daughter. I spoke to health visitor and she just told me to give her milk in the morning and before she goes to bed ( my daughter constantly ask for milk not food ) so the health visitor explained that the milk was filling her up so she didnt want to eat. At one stage my daughter was having about 3-4 pints of milk a day Shocked
bubble08
Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:37 am 
Post subject:
that makes sence thanks i will try replacing her afternoon bottle with juice. i know im prob stressing over nothing but it just breaks my heart when she wont eat any hot meals, especially when shes always been a really good eater im hoping its just a phase. ive even tryed giving her the spoon and letting her get on with it but she just plays with it.xxx
Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:08 pm 
Post subject:
I had that problem. I give my son a bowl of food and a spoon that he plys around with, and even toys (I know! but it works!! LOL) then I spoonfeed him, sometimes he grabs the spoon off me, and he ends up with about four spoons to my one, but as long as he has a bowl, spoons/forks and a good toy - sometimes a pen and paper - I catch him unawares coz I know he's hungry - I think everything is too exciting and new

- they are like - whoa, mums given me her bowl and spoon - whoa, I'm not eating coz I'm so going to concentrate on how to use it.....lalalalaa....spoon, bowl, food, works with spoon lallalaa

While they are in this zone, just try to silently cram the food in while commenting on what they are looking at! LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular