post natal depression

rosie36
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:47 pm 
Post subject: post natal depression
hi ladies, just wondered if anyone can give me some advice?? i suffered pnd after giving birth to my daughter 12 years ago. is it that youre more likley to get it if you have already had it once before or does it make no difference?? Very Happy xxx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:07 am 
Post subject:
I've just been carrying out a psychology study on Post Natal Depression and obviously have done alot of research on the topic as well as suffering from it myself
Now I believe that it is mainly genetic in cause but traumatic experiences or life changing events such as having the baby itself, a traumatic labour, lack of support before, during after the birth, bad experiences breast feeding and even something as trivial as lack of sleep (I know it's not trivial when you're going through it but it is something every mother goes through it just affects some worse than others!)

I wouldn't worry about it too much darling just be on the look out for the signs etc again
And remember we;re always around for you here there's lots of ladies on here who have also sufffered from it and will support you as well!!
xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular