Trying to give up again....

happychick77
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:31 pm 
Post subject: Trying to give up again....
this must be my 50th attempt at giving up smoking. But this time I have a very good reason... as you can see from my ticker I'm around 6wks pg, as soon as I found out I've given up smoking - nearly 2 weeks now! Smile

I'm not finding it as hard as last time, but I'm thinking it's in my mind that I would be harming bubba if I continued. I only (I say only but...) smoked around 10 per day, so I don't feel that I'm putting any pressure/stress on my bubba / body by stopping completely.

Fingers crossed I keep it up. Just got to kick DH into action now. Rolling Eyes

I've had a few craving last night and today but I keep drinking water which seems to help!

Good luck to anyone else trying to give up! Very Happy

L
x

loulousmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:02 pm 
Post subject:
i had tried to quit loads of times and stopped as soon as i found out i was pregnant. It was really hard for a few weeks but managed to stop it's well worth it and i am so glad i did, good luck and well done for the last few weeks x
Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:09 am 
Post subject:
well done you!!! hope you manage to stick with it hun!
Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:29 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Ladies

So I got a ticker on my google home page and just realised that its only been 1 week 2 days....27 mins (lol) smoke free.

Oh well, I'm feeling okay at the minute. Yesterday seemed quite hard and I had cravings all day - don't know what it was but hey none so far today.

Well done Claire for giving up!

happychick77
Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:33 pm 
Post subject:
Well still not smoking! Made up with myself. Have really struggled this last week but fingers crossed I'm past the worse now! Laughing

loulousmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
Well done! It really does get soooo much easier every day. The best thing is that if you go out or to a party or anything you get to stay in the warm while all the smokers go out in the cold and rain.That makes it ll worth while for me! Laughing
Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:04 pm 
Post subject:
Well still not smoking and got this awful cough!! Think its related I got it last time I gave up. It's not very pleasant!

Not to blow my own trumpet .. however.. I'm really proud of myself. Hubby is still smoking - granted not as much as he was but still... I have friends who still smoke and family who smoke like chimneys! Even being around them all I am managing to stay away (in fact I'm trying not to be around them as passive smoking is no good either!!!). Also its not that I'm not feeling like smoking, I could pick one up now quite easily!!

Is there anyone else out there giving up too???

kate1975
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:34 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I gave up once i found out i was pregnant. I did not smoke loads but had tried and failed to give up a few times before. Next Thursday it will be 5 months since i stopped so i am proud!!! I found the first few weeks hardest and then to be honest i completely forgot about it for most of the time. You are doing really well so don't give in!!!
Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:21 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Kate and Well done to you too!

I suppose when you get to a stage you do just forget about it, esp if you've got an ever expanding bump!

happychick77
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:49 am 
Post subject:
Me again and my giving up smoking. Smile

Just making the point that its will be 3 months tomorrow off the cigs and I think I have reached that point when you just forget about it....... unless you have a major stressful moment, which luckily I've not had yet!

Hubby has now given up too - it was his New Years Resolution (and drink!!!), he too is doing really well and he smoked more than I ever did. He was a bit of an arse IYKWIM in the early days but finally he's got past being a moody git!! Laughing After looking into how much our liccle bubba is going to cost us it's just as well we have both given up - we need the extra cash!!! He is Scottish by blood so is loving these tickers which show you how much money you have saved!!

Good Luck once again to those who are also on the wagon!!!

xx

kate1975
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
Well done! 3 months is a long time so you sound like you have cracked it now!! x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular