hcg level

jesistarr
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:18 pm 
Post subject: hcg level
At 5 weeks my hcg level was 35 and i had an ultrasound and sonogram done they say they see nothing wrong. I am worried about ectopic and this morning i had some brownish spotting. Has anyone else had a low hcg level early in prgnancy? they say that i am really early like 2-3 weeks pregnant that's minus the two weeks it takes for your cycle to get to ovulation Question
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:38 pm 
Post subject:
hi im 5 weeks and 4 days now and have had pains so had a scan on friday and my hormone level was done. have to have the same blood test tomo to test hormones as hormones are supposed to double, so fingers crossed. if they double have another scan next fri to make sure its not etopic! at 5 weeks and 3 days my hormone level was 28,500. not too sure about hcg level as dont think its the same as hormone level?
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:55 am 
Post subject: Same situation
Hi, I hope this helps. I found out I was pregnant on saturday 19th Jan, but started having sharp pain on my right side on tuesday. On friday I was referred to my Early Pregnancy Unit incase the pregnancy was ectopic, where I had an ultrasound but they couldn't see any sac or sign of pregnancy, so I was given a blood test. Although friday I should have been exactly 5 weeks, my hormone level was 300 which I was I was told is really low. So I had to go back yesterday on sunday for another blood test which showed my levels have doubled to 600. Although this is a good sign, the doctor told me it is still low so I have to go back for another blood test on wednesday. She told me that if the levels have doubled, it indicated the pregnancy it probably ok. However, if they level off or do not increase by at least 60% then it is likely to be ectopic. The doctor also told me that until the hcg has reached about 1500 nothing can be picked up on the scan, so I just have my fingers crossed that wednesday's test will show a doubled hormone level.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular