14 month baby shaking head???

xsarahloux
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:08 pm 
Post subject: 14 month baby shaking head???
My son is now 14 months old, for the past 5 months he seems to shake his head a lot. He doe it about 3 times a day for about 30 seconds at a time. My daughter never used to do this so im a bit concerened. Does anybody else's baby does this?
RWneedssleep
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:08 am 
Post subject:
My 9 month old does it - it is a "no" sign as opposed to nodding, probably about 3 times a day - nothing to worry about - just your little one finding new bits on his body! My baby boy smiles whilst doing it. Much fun Smile
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:25 pm 
Post subject:
yer my daughter did this as a way of communicating and just being silly sometimes aswell.

EmmAJanExx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:59 pm 
Post subject:
hi there please dont panick ..i had the same fears ...my sone used to tense up and then shake his head and i used to get very alarmed and call his name to stop him doing it!!he used to do it alot!!!one day i done it back to him to see if he was volentry doing it ...and he done it straight back and smiled at me to which i was a little releived as it seemed he was doing it for fun ..or liked the sensation of a dizzy head lol..he is 23 months now and very rarely does it!!i do think if they see you het anxous or react to it they do it more as they see it as a postive thing !that someone is noticing them xx

my big baby belly Smile
I LOVE MY BABIES
moonhare
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:55 am 
Post subject:
My DD turns 1 tomorrow and she does this loads, I think she likes feeling dizzy lol coz she laughs, especially if I do this too. She also uses it to show when she's had enough food or if she doesnt like something. I know it's not a medical problem, coz if she has an ear infection etc she holds her ear, or is very tearful. I think it's just her playing to be honest.x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular