pnd

wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:22 pm 
Post subject: pnd
well i finally plucked up the courage to talk to a different hv about me thinking i have pnd.... she said to go down the docs and demand an apponitment... so i did and i got in for 10minutes later.

talked to this lovely doctor but because im pregnant again she really cant do anything!! i talked to her about a few things and she thinks its lifestyle related (she thinks i dont get enough 'me time' ) obviously i cant have anti d's because of being pg and she just said she would ring the hv and ask her to 'have a bit more involvement' as she thinks im very isolated where i am... (my family and all my friends live in wales and i dont really have any friends up here as sad as that is considering ive lived here for 2 years... i hage aquaintences just not friends as such) so nothing really got sorted ... i still felt i couldnt open up to her as i thought i might have been able to.

still feeling very down, i have another apponitment in about 2 weeks and i suppose i will hear something from the hv in the mean time.

i think ive just had a nightmare 2 weeks with andrew that has really made things come to a head ... i just thought i might feel better after telling someone about it.

also a lot of the symptoms she was asking me about i wasnt sure if it related to me being pregnant or depression... she was like are u tired a lot and i was like well yeah,, im pregnant Confused

sorry to waffle just thought i would update you
MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:54 pm 
Post subject:
Well done for talking to some one about it all hun.
Hows things with OH now, is he being a bit more understanding since you went to the docs?
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:58 am 
Post subject:
Hey sweetie
I suffered with depression for years and had quite severe pnd after Toby was born and got put on prozac straight away as I didn't wanna risk having a major relapse
I know you can't take the drugs etc but I would reccommend doing at least one thing everyday that is just for you, even if it is watching Eastenders with your feet up I reccommend a bath, with a facemask, candles the works!
xx
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:16 am 
Post subject:
tthanks xtine thats what the doc said... when i told neil last night that the doc said i should have about 30 mins to myself a day he said oh ok (he was too busy watchin war of the worlds to pay attention properly Rolling Eyes ) then he said oh well at least u got an hour to yourself tonight... i was flaming scrubbing my kitchen and bathroom down!!!!! he called thsat me time!!!!

tracie things arent really bad hes just so insensitive sometimes and like when i was talking to him on the phone yesterday whilst he was at work and i had just left the hv to go to the docs i told him what i was doing and when i got home he never even asked and then said oh i could have sworn u didnt tell me u saw a doctor!!! i mean wtf!!
it took me lying on the bed with him and andrew and i just came out with 'oh yeah btw i have got pnd... quite bad actually!'
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:18 am 
Post subject:
aww wriggler Sad I didn't realise you were still feeling so low hun.

Have yuo considered counselling? Have a look at this http://www.parentlineplus.org.uk/index.php?id=537 I spoke to my sister in law, and she said they were helpful when she was suffering with pnd.

hubby (has regular bouts of depression) has just started counselling with a local lady, just talking things through etc. Maybe worth a try?

{{{hug}}}

Anna
xx
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:50 pm 
Post subject:
hey girlies another update, when i took andrew to the nurse today i bumped into my hv vicki (tis very strange when i have to phone her coz im always like hi vicki, its vicki lol) and after they all finished cooing over andrew she was walking to the pharmacy with me and was saying how she had spoken to the doctor and she mentioned councelling, she said they have a brilliant councellor there who she will refer me to but she has a 6 week waiting list so its obviously going to be a while .. but thanks for the link anna!!

at least somethings getting sorted... just seems like a hell of a long time to wait...
slummymummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
Oh hon i'm so sorry. Did you talk to another HV and she wouldn't listen?

I have to say i kinda know how you feel although i know i would never have had the courage to go to my Dr myself, my HV phoned me on Weds cos she said she was a bit worried about me and wanted me to see the Dr today.

I gave up breastfeeding about 6 weeks ago and have basically been on a downwards spiral ever since, there's been other things too but i know that's where it started.

I don't want to tell anyone because i feel like people will be thinking everyone's tired when they have a baby, why is Lynsey so special that her tiredness gets a fancy name.

It must be so much harder for you hon and you really need to rest and look after yourself, i hope your oh is more supportive of you now and lets you get a bit of time out. My hubby is the same though and sometimes i think what do you hear when i open my mouth? Do you hear words or is it just all a big random noise? Rolling Eyes

I hope you get your councelling sorted soon, can they not class you as priority seeing as your have pnd, are pregnant AND have a baby to look after Shocked x

Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:36 am 
Post subject:
Hi there, Im sorry you arnt having much luck with finding someone who will take things a step further. Look I am positive there is a anti deprssnt you can take while pregnant. I am going to find out from my own doc what its called and hopefully you have the same thing over there. Its late Friday night here at the mo so cant do untill tomorrow, back soon!!
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:01 pm 
Post subject:
hay hun

just wanted to say, i finally went to docs about it too and started anti d's a week ago but the doc says im to stay on these when i mention ttc, he said wait 6 weeks to see if they work and settle then you can stay on them while pg?
x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular