can anyone help

dickie35
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:25 pm 
Post subject: can anyone help
hi ya dont know if anyone has experianced this but since i've met my O/H my so called friends have been nasty to her and since she became pregnant 4 and a half months a go the verbal abuse and other stuff thats happened and is really upsetting my O/H and me i have already shed these so called friends from my life as i have decided that my O/H is more important, so any advice etc would be appreciated. steve
rosie36
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:52 pm 
Post subject:
hi steve, welcome t askbaby!! Very Happy it seems to me your friends are very immature and well done you for sticking by whats important!! it sounds to me lie maybe theyre afraid of losing a mate/drinking buddy etc. or maybe its a bit of jealousy?? either way they obviously see your oh as a threat!!! the way i see it is if they were any kind of decent mates they would be supporting you, not trying to make things difficult!! Wink qwe have found since we started having our own family (14 years ago) that we now have different kinds of friends than the ones we used to have, just part of growing up i suppose, still got a bit to go yet ho, im only 37!!! Shocked Laughing xxx
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:40 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah I agree with Rosie. Well done for getting rid of these idiots tho cos they sound like real kids! Rolling Eyes My hubby's mates didn't like it when he got together with me cos he wasn't going out drinking with them all the time anymore but he did the same as you and told them to grow up or shut up! We spend a lot more time with our familes now and altho my friends are the same as always (i think women handle these things better than men!) my hubby has new friends and most of them are married, with partners etc so they can all talk about the same things.
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
I agree with rosie and archie too.
Sounds like your friends just dont want to change the status quo - the little band of merry men. Its selfish as much as anything else - ask yourself this - if they fell as head over heels for someone, who also loved them and then were blessed with a new baby to come too - would they give a toss about you?
They`ll learn one day (i hope)
A family and a lover you can share your life with are permenant and precious - anyone who actually cares about YOU would be happy for you, not begrudging.
BunOutOfTheOven88
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
She has enough to worry about so i hope you said something to them when they shouted at her!She needs you to stick up for her and support her,plus anyone who can shout at a pregnant woman ought to be ashamed of themselves!Stress can harm a baby dont make it harder than it already is.I really hope you did cut them out of your life and dont look back after all whats more important?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Dads' Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular