AMBY Natures Nest baby hammocks - Do they work?

ChariseMc
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:49 pm 
Post subject: AMBY Natures Nest baby hammocks - Do they work?
Hi everyone,

Im 17 weeks pregnant and starting to think about the massive amounts of things that i will need for a new baby. ! Shocked

I was watching the baby channel on Sky a few weeks ago and saw an advertisment for AMBY Natures Nest baby hammocks and it said that baby would sleep right through from the start in one of these and they were amazing.

Just wondered if anyone knew if they are as good as it said or if this was just infomecial talk and ive fallen for it Question
molly1973
Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
never bought one, cant see how they can say a baby would sleep through all night in one, but there who knows, give it a try!! i got a lot of my baby stuff from e bay and friends, i love e bay ha ha xx
Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:00 am 
Post subject:
is that one of those hammock type ones? if it is i think they are awful as they dont keep babys spine in a neutral position, they seem to be all scrunched up...and although this is how they are in the womb, the body needs to adapt to the outside world and strengthen and straighten for the muscles to be able to hold a good psture when its time to sit up ect... probably an american idea... sorry if im barking up the wrong tree there x
Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi I agree with Dawn. As with baby slings they advise that if you use one to only use it for about an hour/two a day due to babies development of spine. Hope this helps
LeaBurke
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
I bought one of these and never used it, it was impossible to tell whether my baby was comfortable, and its a real pain to put them in and take them out... u need 4 pairs of hands for that alone!
ChariseMc
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your advice, although im still unsure as to whether to get one or not. Ive been looking on ebay and the people selling them have nothing but glowing reports about them. Also mother and baby magazine awarded it 2nd place for best cot/nursery product last year and year before.

If it makes the first few months easier then its worth it but not at the expense of my babies health!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular