IS MY 11AND 1/2 WEEK OLD TOO YOUNG FOR WEANING ?

JG
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:08 pm 
Post subject: IS MY 11AND 1/2 WEEK OLD TOO YOUNG FOR WEANING ?
i WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF MY 11 AND 1/2 WEEK OLD BABY IS TOO YOUNG TO BE WEANED AS SHE IS JUST NOT SATISFIED AT ALL WITH A BOTTLE. HER MOUTH IS ALWAYS DRIPPING WET AND SHE IS ALWAYS CRYING VERY SOON AFTER A FEED, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING FROM WINDING, [/i]
elsieboo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:10 pm 
Post subject: Weaning
Hi

A babies digestion system cannot cope with solid food until 17 weeks and the Department of Health suggest you wait until 26 weeks. I can empathise with you as I have very hungry baby who also had colic at that age. I would suggest that you take your baby to see your GP next week to get further advice about your little girl.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Elsieboo
KAYKAY
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:54 pm 
Post subject:
I HAVE A 6 MONTH OLD SON AND I STARTED TO INTRODUCE FOOD TO HIM AT 3 MONTHS AND HE IS FINE JUST INTRODUCE THE MOTHERS OWN RECIPE FOOD IT SAY 4-6 MONTHS BUT YOU CAN GIVE IT TO THEM FROM 3 MONTHS JUST DO WHAT YOU THINK IS BEST
doctoremma
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:06 pm 
Post subject:
I have a boy about the same age. He is 14weeks tomorrow and has been having baby rice since 11 weeks at breakfast. He now has baby rice at breakfast and a fruit puree with tea. He sleeps through from 6pm til 7am and had stopped doing this. He chews on his hands and toys and gazes at food on the table!
I'm aware of the DoH and WHO guidelines but my baby is much happier with some additional solid food and has had no sickness, vomiting, colic or constipation. Confused Do what you feel is best. Start slowly. Don't add sugar. One food at a time and keep up the fluids. If you aren't sure ask your GP Very Happy
aimeerose
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:50 pm 
Post subject:
I agree i have just started giving my 14wk old brest fed baby some banana porrige, she loves it, screams for more as i only give her a few spoonful! It didnt do us any harm when we were younger, think my mum said that she was allowed to start weaning as soon as we weighed 12lb didnt base it on age then!
LisaCop
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:54 pm 
Post subject:
What made you decide banana porridge Question
People tell me to start babies off on rice Exclamation
Have you tried the rice Question
Not sure what to start my 16 week old baby on Rolling Eyes

Lisa C
aimeerose
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:38 am 
Post subject:
people tell you to start on all diff things, it is entirely what you think is best. This was what i started my son on so i guess i thought i would try the same with my daughter. The past few nights she has slept from 8.30 till 6.30. When i say banana porrige it the organix stuff which it looks like bananna puree!
Sakura
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:05 pm 
Post subject:
hi all,

i think the ideal age for weaning depends on your baby - my son was about 14 weeks (i think?) when he first had some food. we decided to give him some even though health visitor said he was too young because like sum other mums have said he just wasnt satisfied and he was having 13 fl oz of milk every 2 hours!! (mind you he was a big boy - 9lb at birth, 14lb at 8 weeks and 26 lb before his 1st birthday!!)

we gave him some of the farleys baby rice (which i must say i tried and it tastes fab!) and some mashed up banana and it instantly solved the problem and as a result his intake of milk went down to a normal amount and he never suffered with any digestion or colic probs.

xx
tracyd
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:46 pm 
Post subject:
i weaned my 6 year old son at 11 weeks, just baby rice, as did my sister with her daughter. they are both fine Smile
DebraB
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:38 pm 
Post subject:
I am having the same problem with my son. He is 12 weeks tomorrow and I am breastfeeding. He's looking for food every 2 hours during the day and is now waking through the night for more food. I can't keep up with him. I am also having problems trying to get him to nap during the day. I'm not sure if it's all connected and he's just starving and not satisfied enough to go for a sleep. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular