Scoliosis - Does anyone else on here have it?

Foxybrown
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:28 pm 
Post subject: Scoliosis - Does anyone else on here have it?
I have Scoliosis/ Curvature of the spine. Although mine is not as severe as some people I still get a lot of pain and visit an Osteopath when it's really painful. I was wondering if anyone else on here suffers and how they find pregnancy with Scoliosis...
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there, im a sports massage therapist and would highly reccomend you find one in your area as we deal with the muscles surrounding the back rather than the bones and this can be very beneficial.
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
i have mutiple Scoliosis, one removed lumbar disc and one thats waiting to be removed from surgery (this has been put on hold due to my pregnancy).

i'm really worried how im going to carry all the extra weight, as it is i can barely carry myself and have a slight haunch. i've been dealing with these problems since i was 14 and am 20 now, so you get used to it. i've decided against pain relief medication at the mo as i'm worried it may affect my baby, even the ones the doc says shud be fine.

you should get a weekly appointment to see a physio therapist, they provide stomach muscle strengthing exercises which can help take the weight off your back. i find these help.

have you any other problems with your back??? haven't been able to speak to any other pregnant women with these problems and would be a relief to share tips and advice! let me know how you get on, all the best.

kimberley Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular