When is it best to start TTC again after mc?

kimmers1kim
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:29 am 
Post subject: When is it best to start TTC again after mc?
Hi,
Just wondered if anyone had any advice, I had a pre 7 week mc 3 weeks ago, the thing is I didn't think and a couple of days after OH and I BD'd with no protection, I am guessing I wouldn't have ovulated that month anyway as my ovulation as far as my limited knowledge allows would have started the day the mc was confirmed.

also we went away for the weekend to a show in London and BD'd all weekend with no protection(do all men get the way mine does as soon as they enter a hotel??)

Anyway long story short, how am I gonna know if I did get lucky, since I have no idea when my next AF would be anyway? I feel like I may have been a bit silly by not using any protection but in my head I told myself it would be impossible to concieve anyway.

Sorry to ramble!!!

Thanks in advance.

Kim

xx
Wallicio
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Kim
I have done the exact same thing, had D&C last thursday and bedded Sunday & Monday nigth so far without even thinking. If just felt right for us to be intimate in that way and not even thinking about ttc again at the mo and just enjoying our time together.

I dont think there is anything wroing in this and you should just do what feels right at the time for you.

Sorry about your mc hun, my heart goes out to you & OH.
Rach x
kimmers1kim
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:31 pm 
Post subject:
hi,

Thanks for your reply, just needed some reassurance, I have very little understanding of cycles etc as we were "seeing what happened".

Think OH has taken it worse than me, he got V excited and couldn't resist telling everyone, even put it on facebook, I am still bumping into people who don't know about the mc!!!

Have to admit though it is fun trying again!!!!!

kim
xx
Alouise
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun,

I had my first misscarriage in April, had 1 period and got pregnant again, unfortunately i lost the 2nd baby aswell in July, and was told by the doctors to not try again for a while and give my body a break. Anyway I fell pregnant again in September and I am havin a pefectly healthy baby boy, just try whenever u feel ready!

It will happen xxxxxx

wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
yeah just try when u feel ready, docs advise to wait 1 period so ur sure of ur dates but theres lots of people on ehre that have concieved straight after a mc and are having healthy babies or have had them Very Happy
kimmers1kim
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:45 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks to all!!!!

So glad I joined this site, you have all given me such great advice!!

Lets all have a great 2009!!!

Kim
xx
EMM4SCARLETT
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:09 pm 
Post subject:
hi kim , i mc is sept 08 and got pregnant with this one on sept08 i didnt think it was posible either , but sure was i mc sept 15 bleed for a week then retried once bleeding stopped and got another bfb Shocked

shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:20 am 
Post subject:
Hi Doctors say to wait for your first af before trying, but from what i have read up this is just down to dating issues, so i would say just do what feels right to you, i know i have already got on and started ttc, however wrong that may be if i fall pregnant, then obviously it was meant to be xxxx

UKMummy
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:23 pm 
Post subject:
I mc in dec/early jan. Still trying. Started trying straight away. I dont think there is any harm, unless your doc says no for medical reasons. Mainly they like you to have a period so they can date you if you fall preg again. Im still trying...and Im enjoying myself while I do. LOL. Have fun too!
x
EmmG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:16 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
I had to have a D/C a week ago today at nearly 14 weeks preg! I am totally numb! I havn't bled much only 2 days and then a bit today! But last night I had a feeling of wanting to be close to my OH but I'm too scared as docs said to wait until after my next period! Plus I don't know how my OH is feeling as he won't open up!
Is it too soon??
x Crying or Very sad
Wallicio
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Emmg
i never got told that and I had a D&C at 11 weeks. I was the same I had very light bleeding a day or 2 afterwards and that was it. Me & my OH found comfort within each other and bedded around 3/4 days after the D&C as it just felt right. You do what is best for you as every Doctor seems to say something different.
I am so sorry for your loss too hun, mine was nearly 2 weeks now and I have only just got back to pre pg hormone levels and even still have a few pg symptoms like hardening of the tummy at night.

You take care
Rach x
EmmG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:09 pm 
Post subject: Thank you for your message Rach!
Hi Rach,
Thanks for you message!
This site is nice to talk to others and it brings comfort, once after leaving hospital after D/C I kind of felt left on my own!
It seems doctors do say different things to different people!
May I ask, are you testing your own hormone levels? If so how?
All my symptons have gone, straight away. My breast have gone down, no soreness! I still have a little bump though!

Thanks again!
Emma x
Wallicio
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Emma, yeah i checked my own levels by doing a pg test every few days or so as i wanted to know that it had gone back to a neg as i think it might take a little longer after a d&c. I took 12 days after op to get that neg tho! How you coping hun? My Oh has been fantastic and a positive to come out of this is that we seem so much closer at the moment. They take it harder than people think too x
EmmG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Rach,
Well it feels like I'm not coping to well, crying and breaking down whenever I'm alone!
Can't believe where the week since the D/C has gone! People say it'll get easier and I'm sure it will!
It still feels real fresh at mo!
Yeah I think some men take it differently! My OH has been strong for me and not saying how his feeling!
Thanks for the advise on the PH!
Emma x Crying or Very sad
Wallicio
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hi emms. It will get easier im sure but things will be sent to try you along the way that will knock you for 6 just as you start to think your coping. I had to get normality back in my life as soon as, as just like you when i was left alone all i could think about was what wasn't going to be. Keep your chin up and good luck for that bfp when you start to try again x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular