Cold cows milk?

RWneedssleep
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:33 pm 
Post subject: Cold cows milk?
Hi,

I tried cows milk in a beaker with my son today and he wasn't very interested. He takes a beaker really well with water. I warmed it, put it in a bottle and he drank it all!

So my questions are:

is it ok to warm cows milk?
milk straight from the fridge - wouldn't it give him a headache similar to ice cream in adults?!!!!
how long can it be out of the fridge for, i.e what if we were going out for a couple of hours? is it ok to warm it at home and put it in a beaker and thermos bag?
what do I do about the beaker? why would he take water from it and not milk?persevere?

to complicate matters he goes to nursery four days a week so I have to be clear what I am asking them to do.

thanks
MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
Yes it is ok to warm cows milk.
Milk straight from the fridge is ok as well, its not as cold as ice cream!
I personally wouldnt want to warm milk then take it out in a thermos but that may be ok im not sure!
Did you try the milk warm in the beaker or just cold? May be try warming it then see if he drinks it.

Hope I helped a little lol!
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:43 pm 
Post subject:
hey RW

I have similar with Isaac - he has warm cow's milk in his bottle just before bed every night, which is fine. I also sometimes give him a small amount of milk from a cup as part of his lunch (eitehr milk or juice) which I give him cold. He does manage it, but clearly doesn't like how cold the milk is straight from the fridge!! He's getting more used to it though, so I'd say persevere!!

Anna
xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular