Don't really feel much and worried! xo

portmum
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:54 pm 
Post subject:
We cant wait to tell our parents either. A few peolpe know we just wanted to get to the safe mark. But my fear is that something could be wrong or they could tell us there is nothing there (silly I know). We are still going to tell our parents at that point coz its the only time we can get to see them, especially as my mum lives abroad.

Just looking for some reassurance really

Thanks
x
booter
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:03 pm 
Post subject:
I'm shocked at how long you have to wait for your first scan Portmum. It's very surprising how treatment differs throughout the country. I was obviously very lucky to have a 12 week and a 20 week scan as it seems that many women don't even get 2 scans. So that means you will be 12 weeks before they've even booked you for a scan. I'm always moaning about the NHS so I won't start again.
You will definately feel more pregnant when you go to your first scan, it's just a shame you have to wait so long. The only other thing to do is to pay for a 3d scan which I believe starts from about 80, but you really only see the benefits of a 3d scan at around 26 weeks.
I'm 32 weeks today and last had a scan 12 weeks ago, but my baby is currently in the breech position so if he hasn't changed position by then I will be allowed another scan, in a way I hope he stays in breech so that I get to have a scan...he he!
portmum
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:24 pm 
Post subject:
I think I would feel the same. I hope he does turn around though so you can have a smoothe labour. My fingers are crossed for you.

I only was allowed to see the gp at 8 weeks also. Its very strange, there should be the same level of care thoughout the country. My friend in south africa is pregnant and they get scans every 4 weeks, problems or not. Its all me and my bf are talking about, but i know that our little one will be here before we know it, God willing
x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular