My lady parts,,

xKerrynx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:22 pm 
Post subject: My lady parts,,
Its been 2 weeks since ive had my little girl and im still in agony down there. I went through a pretty rough labour and i had a tear which they decided not to stitch but days later i was taken back into hospital due to excessive bleeding where they said they should of stitched but as i was clotting they decided to leave it to heal itself. My M/W examined me earlier in the week and said it looked normal but why does it feel so sore still? I cant take being poked and prodded anymore, theres nothing that will help with the pain ive tried everything but nothings helped. How long were you all sore and bleeding for? I love my little girl so much and is worth all the pain ive been through but im finding it hard to see it getting better Sad x

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:26 pm 
Post subject:
hey kerryn

if u weren't stitched then u have to be extra careful as it can easily tear again. I was stitched and it was still a good 4 or 5 weeks before I stopped feeling sore and bruised. Just rest a lot, and take salt baths - add sea salt to your bath water and sit in it for as long as poss.

Keep smiling, you'll soon feel better

Anna
xx
Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:33 pm 
Post subject:
yeah i agree wtih anna i was stitched (LOADS!!) and it took me about 5weeks ish to feel right again and about 6 before i had sex again!! although even now i still get the odd achey moment?! when im out and about!! it will pass, i cant say i know how ur feeling chick as like i said i was stitched but just try and take it easy? mothercare or boots sell these sort of ice packs that help with the healing and sort of numb the area, salt baths aid healing and also so will airing your wound.

sorry im not much help but i hope you feelbetter soon! they really should warn us ladies about the tearing and stitches for birth!! i found my stitches were the worst bit of my entire labour for me!
Sakura
Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:57 pm 
Post subject:
it takes a long time to feel normal down below again and after only 2 weeks since giving birth im not suprised youre still sore and bruised!!

when i had my first son i had 2nd degree para-urethral tears and basically had to go to the loo in a bag for a few days. it took weeks and weeks to heal and had to sit down and get up very carefully for a long time!! the amount of swelling was unbelievable! on top of that it took me 7 weeks to finally stop bleeding, then 2 days later my periods returned! i was so anaemic!! lol! i would say it was about 16 weeks before i was able to have sex again and even then it was incredibly sore.

when i had my second son i didnt have a single tear! and despite him being 9lb 6oz i consider myself very lucky indeed!! it was only a month or so before i stopped bleeding and feeling sore that time.

but to this day, the scars i had with my 1st get aggravated and sore etc after sex and i think they always will. a lot of people i know have said that theirs get sore occasionally.

p.s sitting on an inflatable rubber ring helped!! xx
KellyRH
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:08 pm 
Post subject:
ah kerryn am still sore too. i still cant sit down properly am sitting on a pillow still. find it really hard to get up and that too.

do you have tea tree oil??? midwife that checked me when i got home said to get some. its an antiseptic you put in the bath. it has helped i just feel a little bruised down there now. all the stinging has gone still a little swollen too.

am still bleeding as well. if i sit around all day i bleed less. if i'm moving about i bleed more. i bleed alot today but i thinks thats cos i walking about the hospital all day and was really stressed.

it hurts when i wee too but not on the outside it actually hurts inside like my bladder.

MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:35 pm 
Post subject:
My tips for helping the healing process down below!

Air the wound as much as poss, I used to sit on a towel every time I fed Freya
Take a bath every day (you can put in tea tree oil or salt)
Do not wear jeans or tight fitting trousers
Wear very lose jogging bottoms
After a wee dab the toilet paper don't wipe it across your lady area

I think that's it! And just to cheer you girls up, I still don't feel normal down below Laughing
Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:37 pm 
Post subject:
thank you all for your advice. Tried putting salt in the bath today and im feeling a little better now. Marks back to work tomoro & im hopin the pain will be more bearable. Really nervous about 2moro x

fifitrixibelle
Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:12 pm 
Post subject:
hi kerryn, i had very rough labour too with lots of stitches, i was in agony, could barely sit down for about 6 weeks and then all of a sudden it seemed to get better very quickly, Hope this happens for u too,
christine82
Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear you are so sore, when your pregnant you don't really get told about any pain after you have had the baby so you just think babies out so thats it....isn't it?? Not the case for us but as usual the men got off with no pain at all Evil or Very Mad
Good luck for tomorrow, I'm sure you will be fine and come Tuesday you won't feel nervous anymore.
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:07 am 
Post subject:
hey kerryn = hope today goes well Very Happy

if its any consolation, hubby was terrified when I went back to work and left him home alone with Isaac for the first time - now he says its easier when I'm not around, disrupting him Wink you'll get tehre hun, just take it easy and don't try to do too much in one go.

Anna
xx
Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
I just wanted to say congratulations Kerry, she is adorable xx
Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:05 am 
Post subject:
Its been over 7wks since i had my daughter and i 2 had very bad 2nd degree tears, i was stiched up in theatre 4 over 2hrs and lost over 2pints of blood Sad my labour was fine thou lol.
Im still very uncomfortable wen i go 2 the toilet it just doesnt feel right atall and it can also b uncomfy sittin down or standin/walkin 4 awhile. Will this ever heal properly???

Atana
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:53 pm 
Post subject:
I had a third degree tear and had to have it stitched up in theatre under a spinal block. I think the surgeon must have done a very good job, as three weeks on I feel fine. But my HV recomended taking arnica. I didn't take it as by then I was feeling fine, but she told me it helps to heal from the inside. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:30 pm 
Post subject:
i had the spinal block also, guess my surgeon werent as gd lol. iok thank u i will give that ago, im goin bk 2 my doctor this week 2 get checked out.

Chrissy29
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:06 pm 
Post subject:
hiya
i gave birth 11 weeks ago and i also teared, i understand how u are feeling. its horrible. well i have only recently started feeling more comfortable were i teared. It takes time for your body to heal. u just need to take things easy and dont do to much. u need the rest.
Congratulations by the way!
Try not to worry too much. but if u are concerned about anything, then give ur midwife a call
x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular