pregnancy hormone levels ??

jbtrying
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:02 pm 
Post subject: pregnancy hormone levels ??
Hi everyone

Ive been to hospital today for a final scan after mmc and I suppose the "good news" is I dont need a D&C after medical management worked fine.

The hopsital took my blood and have told me my pregnancy hormones are still at 173 and they need to be down to 1 before I can truly trust a hpt, as it would show positive. Ive got another blood test in 2 weeks time to check theyre dropping off ok.

Can anyone tell me how high they might have been when I was pregnant (I was 6wks 2days when I m/c) I just dont know how high or how low 173 is ??!!

Thanks
J x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:16 pm 
Post subject:
I have no idea hun, i m/c naturally and was only given a scan to make sure everything had cleared, i am also aware that they class 2 as negative, and it can take upto 35 after the start of your m/c for it to drop to 2 and get a negative or a true postive result,

Dont know if thats of any help, but as i say i wasn't given any blood tests

jbtrying
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:34 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply, I suppose I just need to wait and see cos everyone is probably different.

Im going to try to not obsess about it, they'll drop when they drop I suppose .. and knowing that a hpt might show me something which isnt accurate might stop me being tempted to test (I have been a little addicted to charting my temps and thinking about testing in the past!!!) Very Happy

J x
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular