Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:07 pm
Post subject: ungrateful
Does anyone out there have a child that has entered into their teens and is totally ungrateful and selfish and doesn't see how this attitude or behavior affect others around him. My son turned 14 in November he will be 15 this year, he is so selfish and ungrateful it makes me sick i just look at him sometimes and wonder if I created this monster.
1) he doesn't share with his brothers.
2) if he makes something for himself to eat, he doesn't think to feed his brothers.
3) won't pick of his little brother from the day care but in the same breath will ask me for lunch money,
4) if his little brothers are watching TV he will rudely come in and change the channel with out asking and cause absolute rukus and confusion.
5) he beats up on his little brothers all the time or causes then to fight by interfering when they are playing fine together.
Is anyone experiencing this and do they ever learn to consider other people feelings
Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:37 am
I have 2 stepchildren boy age 12 and girl age 15. The girl was like this from about 12 - 14 but for the past month or so we have seen a real change in her. She has started thinking about others. However, the boy has now taken her place and he can be very nasty with some of the comments he makes to people.
I think you need to speak to him and lay down some ground rules as to what is and is not acccepltable behaviour, and punsih him (take away privelages) when he acts up. xxxx
OH MY GOD!!
Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 pm
I don't have teenagers but i do remember being one...and I was horrible. I think it sounds like pretty normal behaviour for a teenager, but that's not to say that you should have to accept it. Laying down ground rules for acceptable behaviour with suitable penalties sounds like good advice to me.
If it makes you feel any better, I was horrible as a teenager and my mum has since told my that although she always loved me, she didn't like me very much then. However, once I got through that phase, my relationship with my parents improved considerably and I'm pleased to say that they now actually like me!!!!! I have a wonderful relationship with my mum and dad now. So however horrible your son is now, I'm sure it will pass.....eventually.