sleeping

sian78
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:20 pm 
Post subject: sleeping
at wot age should your baby go into a cot? and wot age should i put him to bed upstairs on his own?? with walkie talkie..

slummymummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
I don't think it really matters, you can do it as early as you like. I've bought a moses basket to use for as long as i can, but that's only my choice and it'll be easier to stay at my parents at xmas with.

They say that moses baskets will last up to 6 months, but my friends baby was huge and out grew his by the time he was 10 weeks and had to go into his own bed. My brother in law couldn't sleep with their baby in their room as he kept panicking over every little noise and wimper and so he slept in his own bed from an early age too.

My hubby and dad put together the cotbed yesterday and it looks mahooosive! Baby will get lost in there i think!!

x

sian78
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:45 pm 
Post subject:
my little one is in a moses basket. got a cotbed set up as well.. i want to start putting him upstairs to sleep during the day but wasnt sure if age matters..

dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:27 am 
Post subject:
hi sian, i would probably start trying him upstairs for 1 sleep a day and see how you get on from there, i guess a good time for him to go into his cot would be when he is too big for his moses basket, although most of the books say they should stay in with you until 6 mths.
i bought a crib for this little one so he/she will be able to stay in with us longer but i will encorage a good sleep in the day upstairs, i guess its each to their own x
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:43 am 
Post subject:
hi u can do it wen ever u like. i kept my daughter in moses basket for first few months and as soon as she starting sleeping through the night i put her into her cot. but wen she was in her moses basket used to put it upstairs for her to sleep.

so weneva u fel the time is rite!

sian78
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you everyone

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:23 pm 
Post subject:
the health visitor told us 6 months, but we switched Isaac to his own room at 7 weeks - he used to make really weird, loud squeaky 'dolphin' noises in his sleep, which woke us up continuously!! Plus, he's been sleeping through from 6 weeks, so it seemed pointless to keep him in with us - especially as I was still getting up to express milk in the night when he was sleeping, and running the risk of disturbing him!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular