Trapped Wind

Shaz1978
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:39 pm 
Post subject: Trapped Wind
Hi everyone,i just wanted to ask if anyone could help me!!My baby is 3mts old,she is suffering with very bad trapped wind in her throat!I can hear it when she swallows and she screams violently with the pain,i put Colief in her bottles,give Gripe water if shes very bad but it just takes forever for her to break it,im at the end of my teather!!!any advice? Crying or Very sad
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:18 am 
Post subject:
This helps my lad so hope you can benifit too! After his feed I lay him on his back and massage his tummy for a good minute or so in anticlockwise motion, slowly raise him to a sitting position, then the normal firm slapping between shoulder blades. The massage is ment to help all the bubbles rise to the top of the stomach and come out faster, sometimes a little too fast so a little milk can come out too unfortunatly but rather that than trapped wind a. We also tried holding him under his armpits and allowing his legs to hang free while stretching the stomach out, then doing the back slap thing. Hope it can be of some help Shocked
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:38 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for the advice:-),I'll give it a try!!
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
let me know if it works, its interesting how different things just dont work for some babes.I also burp him after every 30ml when he was tiny and now every 50mls, more chance to let the gas out. Good luck
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:42 pm 
Post subject:
I find folding him up when winding really helps awkward wind - if you're sat on the sofa, lean back and sit his feet pointing up to your chest, with him sat upright - as you slowly sit forward, it gently 'folds' the baby in half. At the same time, try rubbing very low down on his back.

My hubby does this thing when he has very hard wind where he rolls him back and forth over his shoulder, so his tummy get alternately squashed and released - that sometimes works too Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular