is my baby really hungry at night?

candesgirl
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:19 am 
Post subject: is my baby really hungry at night?
i have a five month old baby boy who likes to get up every one or two hours, so i feed him and tuck him back in, only to get up and hour later to feed him again. i talked to my pediatrician and he thinks my son is just getting up out of habbit rather than hunger,but when i go tofeed him, he seems ravenous. is he hungry or just, as my son's pediatrician believes, just getting up out of habbit? does anyone have this problem? and what are you doing?
erinmccay
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:14 am 
Post subject: baby wakes up to eat a night
I have the same problem but my son goes to bed at 930 and wakes up at one. he used to sleep through the night. now he wake up and if i don't feed him he will cry for hours. i have tried giving him cereal before he goes to bed, baby Tylenol( i think he is teething) and i just have no idea. i need help to. my mom says it is a faze. but he acts so hungry. i breast feed and he empties both sides. please help!
EmsMom
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:01 am 
Post subject:
Do either of your children use pacifiers? My daughter just had her 6 month check up, and I had the same question. Her doctor said that at this age they should be able to go eight hours at night without a feeding. My daughter wakes out of habit because it is the same time every night. It is frustrating, but I have been putting her pacifier in her mouth and letting her cry a little bit so she can get used to putting herself back to sleep without a middle of the night feeding. It is a slow going process and very stressful. Good luck!
erinmccay
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:25 am 
Post subject:
my baby just stopped taking his pacifier. he just got his first teeth. i tried just letting him cry last night. he woke up at 3 am. i waited for about 15 min to see if he would fall asleep and when he didn't i went in and just patted him on his back and tried to calm him and then went out of the room. in 15 more min i went back in and did the same thing again and about five min later he fell asleep. thank god and halaluia!!!! for the first time in a week he did not wake up for a second time! i will give you an update on how he does tonight!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular