23 months and has sleep problems

TitchCrystal
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:27 pm 
Post subject: 23 months and has sleep problems
My Daughter is almost 2 years, (end of june) and refuses to sleep in her room alone. Each night i have to go and lay in there with her until she is asleep and then attempt to sneak out without creaking the floorboards to much, she still wakes in the night for a bottle of milk, and if she realises im not there, she gets extremally upset.
Any Ideas of suggestions would be greatfull?
xx
joshlibmum
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
I had the same problem with my son it was our fault though we use to let him fall asleep on the settee or in our arms sometimes in our bed if he woke in the night I use to have to sit on his bed or at the side untill he was asleep then like you I use to sneak out quietly it wasnt till he was about 2 1/2 when we were thinking of having another child that I thought it cant go on so after watching Supernanny one night I thohght I try the rapid return tecnique So my son had a bath then a story in bed and we said goodnight and went out the first time he got out we said come on its bed time the second time just bed time then after that nothing just kept putting him back to bed this went on for ages so prepare yourself for a long night and it could take a few days but you just had to stay strong me and my partner took it in turns because it can be upsetting and frustrating

He is now 5 yrs old and occasionally wakes at night but now I just put him back in bed and he goes straight back to sleep He still likes our bed and I let him have an hour when his dad has gone to work but if its before 6.30 then I say no

Have you tried giving her water instead of milk? she might think whats the point of waking up just for water and stay asleep

Have you got a night light?

GOOD LUCK AND STAY STRONG ITS HARD WORK BUT WORTH THE EFFORT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular