Just when I thought things were going ok.....

xCupcakex
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:11 pm 
Post subject: Just when I thought things were going ok.....
Well I received a phone call this morning from my local hospital saying they urgently needed to see me today as the results had come back from my mmc & erpc that I had at the beginning of December!! Firstly it has taken them over 2 months to contact me about tests they ran 2 weeks after my op - Not amused. Mad

Anyway, they have informed me that it looks like I had a partial molar pregnancy which caused my mmc. Has anyone else had this???

The problem I have now is that I am already pregnant and they advise you to wait 6 months before ttc to make sure the hormone levels are returning to normal.

I am scared and angry that my hospital have taken 2 months to inform me of the results. I presumed as I heard nothing then everything was normal. They never ran any tests after my erpc nor have they been in contact. Anyone else had similar experiences???

Sorry for the rant but it's still quite raw for me and I needed to get it off my chest. x

Wallicio
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
omg that is bloody disgusting and neglectful. They must know that most people try again as soon as possible after a mc. So what are they going to do to monitor this pregnancy? You poor thing as it's not like your not sacred enough with this pg after a loss x
xCupcakex
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:27 am 
Post subject:
They took some bloods yesterday to check hcg hormone and I've an early scan booked for 23rd Feb. Fingers crossed eh but I'm just naturally thinking the worst already!!!

Wallicio
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:09 am 
Post subject:
It doesn't matter what anyone says you would worry naturally after a mc but to tell you on top, well i can only imagine what you must be feeling. Try and stay positive though as remember we say that we loose for a reason, so you have been blessed quickly again for that same reason as some things are just meant to be.
Let me know how you get on with bloods and scan but i have a good feeling for you on this one.
Take care hun and enjoy being pg xx
xCupcakex
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks hun - will do. x

Wallicio
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:38 pm 
Post subject:
hey hun been off radar for a little while, but have been thinking about you. How is the pg going, any news on tests and how did the scan go? X
xCupcakex
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun, nice to see you back - hope you had a nice holiday.
I had the scan on Monday and so far so good although he reckons I'm only about 5 weeks(???) but I saw the heartbeat pounding away which was a relief. He said he couldn't see anything else abnormal but that it's still early days. They want me to proceed as though it's a normal pregnancy.
I still have lots of unanswered questions so I think they are going to arrange for me to meet with my consultant to discuss these, and I am also going to argue for more scans. I think it's the least they can do after messing me about.
How are things with you?

Wallicio
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
holiday was great thanks, just what i needed after mmc and to get away from it all.
So glad to hear that everything is progressing along nicely and that you got to see that heartbeat - amazing feeling im sure after everything you've been thru.
I think the least they can do under the circumstances is give you a scan every 4 to 6 weeks so that they can keep a visual eye on things and you peace of mind.
I really am so pleased for you and i hope that you get to speak to your consultant soon to get things sorted x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular