fluid intake??

Kelly08
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:34 pm 
Post subject: fluid intake??
Hi ya
My baby is nearly 10 months old and at the moment I am struggling to get fliuds into him, I tried offering water/juice through a bottle and he just keeps refusing it so I thought right lets try the feeder cups but no that doesn't work either.

He is having a bottle of milk with his breakfast and a bottle before he goes to bed and on both occasions he always leaves about 2ozs out of 7. Obviously I am worried because surely he must get thirsty throughout the day and I worry that he is going to get dehydrated.

Has anyone got any suggestions??

Kelly
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:28 am 
Post subject:
Hi Kelly, keep an eye on his weight, if he is loosing then take to a doc and have a checkup. If he is still gaining weight and looking healthy then he is taking all he wants. I understand you must be worried but take a step back and see if he is displaying any other signs of illness or if he is still a happy healthy boy. When in doubt, dont hesitate getting a medical opinion, thats what they are there for. Very Happy
Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for that. Jake is a happy little boy and he is eating really well but he's just not keen on water or juice. He is gaining weight but very slowly and the health visitor doesn't seem to worried. You know what it's like to be a first time mum you just worry over eveything, I'm be glad when he can talk.
andrea28
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:19 pm 
Post subject:
he does need to be taking a bit more fuild... if he is wend try cutting his meal a little and give him more milk instead..... his belly might be just full with to much food that he cant take any milk... my daughter was like this and did get dyharidated and they drs told me to cut back on food and give more fuild... espeacially with summer and hot weather here fuild is more important than food.

good luck
ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:27 am 
Post subject:
mmmm. im having the same sort of prob, although lewis isjust 7months, Iv tried 2 give him water during the day and Hipp's apple juice but he wont drink anything unless its milk?
Should he be having more fluids?such as water or juice?

Confused

Jump to:  

Community

Popular