headaches..9 weeks pregnant

kellie81
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:46 pm 
Post subject: headaches..9 weeks pregnant
hi all, im just over 9 weeks pregnant and at night i get quite bad headaches, when i stand up my head throbs..ive also got sickness that lasts all day..i have had my bp taken and it is normal..it is my 4th baby but ive never had the headaches before..just looking for some advice really..thank you in advance
Marien
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:17 am 
Post subject:
Hi. I have also had headaches and hyperemesis gravidarum (when you can't keep anything down). Many people don't want to take meds when pregnant but I had to because I had to be taken to hospital and put on a drip (at 5 weeks!). I'm now in my 9th week. My GP prescribed me an anti-sickness drug (I was also given some in hospital)which has helped a lot (and he says it is safe to take in pregnancy- my midwife agreed with him) and has also advised me to take paracetamol so perhaps if you talk to your GP you may be able to get help (if that kind of help is what you want).

I have also had acupuncture which helped too. It is all down to what you feel comfortable with, these are my choices but I thought you might like to know about them.

Good luck, I hope you feel better whatever you decide to do. Very Happy XX
kellie81
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:58 am 
Post subject:
thank you for answering..i have bipolar disorder so i am on meds for that and im not sure wether they will want to put me on anymore..thanks for the advice though x
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, just wanted to add.. im 15 weeks pregnant and ive had headaches the whole way through, especailly at weeks 11/12. Not sure why, i think its something to do with your blood when pregnant, but if they keep coming i might go to the doctor.

Hope you get over the sickness soon, try some ginger biscuits xx
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:14 pm 
Post subject:
hi kellie, i suffered bad with headaches up to wk 13, i know how you feel its horrible.
make sure you get plenty of rest when you can and get your feet up to keep the blood pressure from rising.
also make sure the meds you are already on are safe to take during pregnancy
hope you feel better soon hun,
dawn x
stephanieclarke
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:12 am 
Post subject:
every pregnancy is different,hey?
as you probably having had four.
i am at 5 weeks and my headaches have been so bad that it makes me want to faint when i bend over,i never had that with my last one
it maybe just changes in bloodpressure+hormones,it does say in my pregnancy book that if a headache persists over a day or so see youre gp/midwife but if they are happy with you,what else can you do????
im in the same situation,hope they ease off soon xx
kellie81
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:10 am 
Post subject:
thanks to all who replyed..my headaches are now easing a little just wanted to let people who are suffering in the same way know x
Marien
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:02 pm 
Post subject:
Glad you're feeling better! It's good to know there's light at the end of the tunnel. Very Happy
alibongo78
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:02 am 
Post subject:
Hi this will prob sound really basic and silly... but drink loads of water!!! Seriously.. it helps!! I never suffered a head ache in my life till about 2 years ago.. If i drink lots it takes it away!!! I have had more headaches during this preg too and it works without a shadow of a doubt. If you are slightly dehydrated, your brain is dehydrated. Your brain is a muscle just like any other and if your other muscles (ie calfs etc) get over worked and not enough fluid, you will get cramp. It is exactly the same with the brain!!

Hope this helps

Ali x
Debp
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:29 pm 
Post subject: Re: headaches..9 weeks pregnant
Hiya this is my second pregnancy but with my first I remember them headaches very well. They started at 8 weeks and lasted till 17weeks. I went to the Dr's and they said it was due to the hormones levelling which usually stabalize at 15 weeks. He had to give me Codeine phosphate which you have to take a night because they make you drowsy. I also bought from the chemist those ice patches which are good also. Hope you feel better soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular