ectopic pregnancy?

stacey86
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:59 pm 
Post subject: ectopic pregnancy?
this is my first pregnancy i am 7 weeks gone, and i experience lower abdominal and lower back ache and pain on and off every day, like mild period cramps. is this normal?
im really worried it could be an ectopic pregnancy.
alibongo78
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Stacey. These pains are very normal. Your body is having to stretch even at this early time. You may feel like you are due a period but it is actually just your body doing its thing. If you are concerned though and it is really upsetting you.. just go to the doc and tell him your concerns. The last thing you want to be doing is worrying. It is not good for you or the baby. i was at hospital yesterday with a suspected ectopic as I have sever jabbing pains in my right lower abdomen.... It turned out baby is exactly where it should be and I have an ovarian cyst (which they are going to leave for now. I know that the thought of ectopic preg is scary but I am sure that your pains are very normal.

Hope this helps

Ali x
stacey86
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:54 pm 
Post subject:
thank you, any reassurance is helpful! i know i shouldnt be worrying but its so hard not to worry about even the tiniest thing! im going to the doctors on monday so fingers crossed everything is ok. sometimes it is a sharp jabbing pain one side, then the other, and that is what is worrying me. i hope everything is fine with u Very Happy
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:17 am 
Post subject:
Hi stacy. Remembering my last two pregnancies, this is totally normal, and is probably your ligaments stretching to accomodate your already growing uterus. It can sometimes be pretty painful, especially if you reach over sideways, but rest assured all is probably well. As for Ali, I am currently going through the same thing with a suspected ectopic pregnancy as I have sharp pains in my lower right abdomen and a low hcg level. Glad to hear your baby is in the right place!
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:22 am 
Post subject:
Hey, those pains are normal dont worry. They are normally just your womb stretching to make room for your new baby xx
Debp
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:35 pm 
Post subject: Re: ectopic pregnancy?
[Hi Don't worry this does not sound like ectopic it's completely normal to have pains like that. I had an ectopic and the symptoms I had were brown discharge then real bad pains with sudden heavy bleeding I didn't know I was pregnant but then I collapsed and was sent to hospital, they did a PT so they had to operate on me because the scan showed nothing in the womb. I was around 5 or 6 weeks pregnant by then. Hope this reassures you anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular