Done with clomid.....moving on to injections...

Roisin1978
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:06 pm 
Post subject: Done with clomid.....moving on to injections...
Hi ladies! I was with my fertility doc this morning, as I have had 9 cycles of clomid (for PCOS) I told the doc I don't think there's much else clomid can do for us (I got pregnant after 6th cycle but had m/c at 7wks) so she is putting me on Follicle Stimulating Hormone injections which I administer to myself daily. She put me on the waiting list for these injections after my m/c and said it'll be another few months before I get the injections. We also discussed IVF, she told me that as soon as I start my injections she will refer me for the waiting list for IVF right away (apparently you can't be on a waiting list for more than 1 treatment at once). Can anyone tell me if they have tried these injections? I am really feeling the strain of ttc (we've been trying for 2yrs but we're only getting help from fertility clinic since May) and still haven't quite got over my m/c. My gp has referred me to a counsellor I'll be seeing on Tues to see if that will help me deal with things better. This is soooo hard. xx
Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:16 pm 
Post subject:
Hi i can't give you any information on the injection side of things as i have never used them, i have how ever tried clomid and it didn't work for me, i to was diagnosed with pcos, 3 years ago, and i was told as i had pcos i would need IVF to conceive, then got told my partner had a low count, to top things off,
So i started to believe it would never happen, i was ttc for 10years in total, and just didn't seem to be getting anywhere fast appart from being told i had pcos and didn't ovulate as i should,
I invested in a Clearblue fertility monitor, so at least when i was ovi could bd around the right time, i used it for 3 months and conceived, unfortunatly it ended in m/c, but its one step closer to the thing i most long to have,
Have you tried out any opks?

Roisin1978
Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ShootingStars. I'm not really up to date with all the abbreviatons so I don't know what opks is. Can you tell me please? x
Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:19 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry opks are ovulation predictor kits

Sanje
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:57 am 
Post subject:
Hi Roisin, can I ask you how old you are? I was offered these injections as well because at my age which is 46, I would not produce too many eggs per cycle and the ones I did produce, not all of them would be capable of being fertilized. The main concern for me was too many eggs and my getting a multiple pregnancy. The other concern was over stimulation of the Ovary which sounded very unplesaant. I decided to not go with this option for the time being, if ever as it was also quite expensive.
Of course, if they are removing your ripened eggs and offering IVF then that is a different story. My friend had the injections for IVF, this was unsuccesful in her case and she eventualkly adopted but she said the injections made her very moody.
Roisin1978
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:47 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ShootingStars. Yes I tried the ovulation testing kit last month on advice from my doc. Did 1 test which indicated that I was ovulating so really thought I stood a good chance cos we did absolutely everything we could do but unfortunately it wasn't enough. Think cos I pysched myself up so much thinking everything was looking positive with scan for follicles and doing ovulation test that it hit me harder this month not getting pregnant. Thanks for your help and support. xx
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Sanje. I'm 30 and my husband is 31. We've been ttc for over 2yrs but we have only had the help of the fertility clinic since April, prescribed provera to kick start my period and started clomid beginning of May. Finding the whole thing very overwhelming now, beginning to think that my getting pregnant but having m/c will be the only experience I have of being pregnant. I know I should stay positive but I don't think there is a lot of help or advice out there for people with difficulties conceiving, the docs just treat the medical condtion, which is understandable but you are left with a lot of frustrations and emotionally it is very draining.
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:16 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Roisin1978, don't give up chick, i used them for 3 months b4 i got my bfp, infact it was on the 4th month of using my clearblue fertility monitor, and i was trying for 10 years

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular