Confused and could do with some advice :-)

abiD
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:53 pm 
Post subject: Confused and could do with some advice :-)
Hi ladies, doesn't seem that long ago I was on first pregnancy forum talking about how excited I was about having a baby but unfortunatley I went to my 12 week scan on the 19th of Jan and they was nothing there. I'd had anembryonic miscarriage which is really unusual, where the baby was probably reasorbed back into my body early on in the pregnancy (weird I know) and instead of my body getting rid of the rest, the placenta kept growing giving me all the symptoms and even an ickle bump.

Anyway, I had a d and c a couple of days later, which went fine, altho a few days later I bled really heavily, huge clots (sorry tmi) which stopped after a day but I then bled for like 3 weeks after that. I've just been back to normal for a couple of weeks and the bedroom antics have started to exist again starting from Valentines day. We havent used contraception as we feel we are in the situation where what will be will be.

I havent got a clue what is happening with my cycle, I would have thought my af should have turned up before now as its 5 weeks since my op, Im starting to wonder if I had my af tagged on the end after the miscarriage as apparently its happened to other women before-sooo confused!

But to add onto that I starting to wonder a tiny lil bit that I could be preggers again as Im now getting spotting over the last couple of days on and off and boobs slightly tender so who knows! I just dont know what to think!

Anyone any ideas?? Anything would be appreciated....xxxx
shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:06 pm 
Post subject: Hi
Hi abiD, i was told that the Hcg hormone should stay in the body from 10-35 days after a completed m/c,
When i had my M/c i only spotted for 5 days, but i know it varies from women to women as we are all different,
Have you tried doing a pregnancy test to see what result you have got, as i was told after 2 weeks mine should come back negative, or you can get your doctors to do blood tests,
There are 2 types:-
A quantitative blood test, usually called a beta human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) test, measures the exact units of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) in the blood. That means it will detect even the most minimal level. which that can also test whether you hormone levels are rising or dropping.
There is another type of blood test sometimes called a qualitative human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) test. This is a test that simply gives a yes or no answer to whether you are pregnant.

Dont know if thats of any help to you, i have also added a link to a site that as 8 pages of imformation reguarding m/c

Shootingstars xxx

millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:18 pm 
Post subject:
I am sorry to hear of your loss, but if it is any consolation I had a miscarriage last Feb and 3 weeks later had a positive pregnancy test which went to term. The only way to know for sure is to do another test. As it is 5 weeks after your miscarriage the result should be accurate, but if you want to be sure you could ask your doctor for a quantitative blood test as shootingstars said which will give you the exact level. Fingers crossed for you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular