Miscarried at just under 3 months but no D and C?

trinaT
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:59 pm 
Post subject: Miscarried at just under 3 months but no D and C?
I have had 2 miscarriages one at 5 weeks and another at 11 weeks both times i did not have a D and C. I do not understand why as i keep hearing you are always meant to. I was 19 the 1st time and 22 the 2nd time and i just went on my doctors advice and was to confused and upset to ask questions. I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me advice on this as i don't understand why i was kind of left to get on with it without the full medical help??? Thankyou in advance for any replies.
minkymog
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:20 pm 
Post subject:
I had a miscarriage earlier this year and was booked in for a D&C before nature took her course and things came away naturally. I was advised that as long as everything came away OK, there was no need for a D&C.

I had a scan 2 weeks after the miscarriage to make sure that everything had come away, if not, then I would have had to go for a D&C. I was lucky in that respect at least - all the pregnancy tissue had gone.

I really don't think it's a case of needing to have a D&C unless it's absolutely necessary. Surgery of any kind is a great stress on your body. I'm guessing that if you didn't have the D&C, then you didn't need it, but I would have thought they should have scanned you to make sure all the tissue had come away?
kayleyfluffybabyBUM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:06 pm 
Post subject:
i mcd and didnt get a d&c as nature had already intervened.......

d&cs are only necessary when nature hasnt done its full job so to speak

if the dr sees it as unecessary im sure you didnt need one hun xxx
Zacky was born June 26th 2011
Pip was born October 17th 2012
Spencer was born 5th August 2013 (6 weeks early)
ClaireH77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:08 am 
Post subject:
i had to have a d&c as my body still thought it was pg. It's called a missed miscarriage when the baby dies but your body doesn't miscarry itnaturally. in this case you are at risk of developing an infection so they advise you have a d&c to prevent this.
i was given the option of waiting for things to happen naturally but as my baby had died three weeks previous i did not want to wait any longer and i felt for me i needed to move on.
hope this helps
claire x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular