will not use the toilet at home

Rach05
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:20 pm 
Post subject: will not use the toilet at home
hello i really need some help. My daughter is 2 and half. i started potty training at 2 years. i decided to do the three day potty training programme. It worked for my friend! After 4 days it hadn't CLICKED so i carried on asking her and taking her. finally she got it while out of the house then while at home. She now wees all over my floor and in her clothes doesnt bother to tell me but does walk towards the toilet because she knows she shouldnt have. But when we are out she is 100% dry and tells me!!! She is dry at night. I have tried everything but if anyone has any ideas I would be soooo greatful. thank you.
xx

Last edited by Rach05 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:32 pm 
Post subject:
maybe wait a month and try again?
Rach05
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:17 pm 
Post subject:
i have thought about that but didnt want to put her in nappies because it is only at home in the day. i dont want to confuse her either and she hasnt worn a nappy for a good six months. i may give it a little longer and try. thank you. x
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:57 pm 
Post subject:
but do u spend loads of time outside? seems strange how she wont do it in the house especially as she doesnt get bothered by wet clothes. i just feel for her to be doing it in the home for 6 months without even caring she obviously isnt 100% ready.

when we trained my daughter she was 2 years and 2 months and took to it completely but then if she wee'd more than a few weeks without being bothered by it i would have stopped.
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
also just thought- whats making her do it outside but not in the home? where does she wee when she is outside and does she wee on the same thing in the house? might be worth letting her pick a new potty to go outside and to be used in the house.
Rach05
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:48 pm 
Post subject:
I dont spend time out anymore than anyone else i dont think. usual things shopping visiting friends. i have to admit i do tend to got to them because she will ask. she use to be bothered by the wet clothes but isnt anymore. she has a potty in the car which is used prob less than once a week, uses proper toilet where ever else i am. i have brought potty inside to give her the choice and to make it a novelty. its just sooo frustrating because i no she can do it and has been dry before at home for a period of time. would you suggest maybe pull ups or something for only at home or would that make her then wet herself whilst out? maybe i sould just move house? (ha ha) x
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:37 pm 
Post subject:
tough one! i hate pull ups as i dont see how a child can feel a difference between a nappy and pull up. refused to use them! dont know what else to suggest.

maybe sticker chart for in the house?
Rach05
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:41 pm 
Post subject:
i do have a chart. i never used pull ups either. i will keep on at it and see if i get any results. thank you very much for trying will post a reply if i crack it. x
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:44 pm 
Post subject:
good luck! like everything- it takes time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular