My son hates to travel in the car!

tane
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:13 pm 
Post subject: My son hates to travel in the car!
Hi, Im quite desperate, about a week ago my 5.5 months old baby "decided" he didnt want to travel in the car anymore!!! At first he screams like calling for attention, if you look at him and smile or talk to him he will laugh back and make happy noises..but the "happy" screams will eventually turn into angry ones and then desperate crying...he really gets very very upset: Yesterday I had to stop twice and then call my husband for help to be able to drive form home to his Dr. app. , he cried so badly I was scared something might happen to him, plus I really couldn drive propery and prefered to stop rather than to cause a car accident. I really havent heard of babies not liking car rides!!! Hes a very active baby and lately he has taken into screaming a lot, both happy and very joyful screaming when hes playing and angry upset screams when he wants to call attention or is unhappy about something. I dont know if this car problem is just a conduct we should try to modify or if he might be getting car sick...
Best wishes

Tane
ladydee
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:21 pm 
Post subject:
I have the same problem sometimes with my 6 month old and he is also very active. He doesn't seem to enjoy sitting in the car seat especially if the car is stationary. I found sometimes he was a bit hungry (extended time on longer journeys) and other times I believe he was just bored. He may be overtired or overstimulated - try playing some white noise for him (that seems to work for me) or having toys in the chair with him that he likes if he's bored. Not sure if any of these will help but worth trying.

good luck
MaritimeMommy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:36 am 
Post subject:
I, too, have the same problem. Clara (3 months) is usually a very happy baby who doesn't cry much at all... except in the car. She screams and wails and gets all choked up - at first I really thought she was in pain, but I can't figure it out. At times, she can go 20 mins but once she starts screaming, she can't settle down or control herself til I get her out. I don't stop anymore, unless it's a very long drive, for me, I'd rather keep going to my destination so I can get her out.

I've tried more toys, a mirror... nothing has helped yet. If someone is beside her and can keep talking and making eye contact, it helps, but can still happen.

Sigh, hopefully, it is simply a stage she will outgrow,... SOON!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular