Average body temperature

sujit
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:07 pm 
Post subject: Average body temperature
hi all

my 26 year ol baby boy is recovering from a stpah infection and a surgery for the sepsis formed by the infection.

the average body temperature as observed by me and my wife is 99.5 fahreinheit , the doctors ssay that the higher body temperature is fine aslong as its below 100 . as the kid is recovering from surgery and inflamation, the fever is nothing but a byproduct of the healing process.

its only if the fever is above 100 should i administer any form of crocin drops or any type of Paracetamol

appreciate if u guys can provide a reply /revert
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:50 pm 
Post subject:
What age is he??
sujit
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:35 am 
Post subject: age
the age of the baby is 26 days
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:45 am 
Post subject:
you will have to convert this to Faranheit as i only know Celceius (sorry about spelling). Most babes sit between 36c and 38c. I would feel safe in saying 38+ is a good time to try and get his temp down with your infant paracetamol. 39+ is getting very high and I would seek doctors advice if during day or to the hospital overnight. 40+ I would take straight to the hospital quickly!!! If you have any doubts give you local clinics a call and ask about when to give medication and let them know what his temp is. Dont be afraid to seek midical advice, things can turn pretty quick with a babe, like you found out only a couple of weeks ago. I hope he much better now after his stay in hospital and you are settling down at home.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular