Raspberries

LexiMummy2Dante
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:17 pm 
Post subject: Raspberries
I know I have written this on other topics, but I felt I should post it in a new topic, as that way I will have a clear conscience when I see people putting raspberries in their recipes.

I don't know if there is any truth to this, but I have been told to avoid raspberries as they can make your uterus contract, resulting in miscarriage...so I just thought I would warn people...

Apologies if you have already seen me write this, but like I said...clear conscience and all that jazz!
Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:46 pm 
Post subject:
hi ya x would just like to know where u hread that from as i was told that drinking cranberry juice helps with water infections so when i found out i was preg i started drinking canberry and rasberrie jucie as i can't drink cranberry on it's own this won't harm my baby will it? x
LexiMummy2Dante
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:49 pm 
Post subject:
Erm i heard it from my midwife and she said herself that not many people mention it, even other midwives...i think it's because nothing has been proven about raspberries. i wouldn't worry too much if you have already had raspberries as i don't think it harms the baby, just makes your uterus contract, which obviously if that happened you would know about it. so if you feel fine, and baby seems fine, then i'm sure everything is fine.

i'm sure it's nowhere near as dangerous as smoking, or drinking, or stuff like that, it's just something you should be cautious about xxxx
Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:54 pm 
Post subject:
ok thankyou x
jade25
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:44 am 
Post subject:
wen i was preg wiv my first i drank rasberry tea leaf to bring on labour n didnt work so i reckon it dont do ne thin it was that bad they would warn you bout it so i wouldnt worry xxx

Harper
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
I've heard that this refers to raspberry leaf tea rather than the fruits themselves, so don't worry xxx
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:07 pm 
Post subject:
Laughing raspberries? Laughing Laughing no, i think theres been a misunderstanding there! its raspberry leaf that holds that theory and even then, it doesnt necessarily make you go into labour, it helps to tone the uterine muscles to make them more efficient and therefore making it able to produce more effective contractions. its supposed to also shorten the length of the second (pushing) stage. i tried it with my jake and i pushed for 45 mins, whereas with my first it was over 2 hours!
anyways, in regards to raspberries (the fruit) themselves, feel free to eat them if you fancy, as they are a great source of vitamin c and antioxidents Smile

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular