Can't cope with strong smells

Sheribaby
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:04 pm 
Post subject: Can't cope with strong smells
Hi Everyone

I am 17 weeks pregnant and can smell anything and everything, from car fumes to perfumes, my sense of smell is so strong at the mintue it is really getting me down, I feel like I am inhaling bad fumes all the time. Also I work with a lady who's perfume is really sweet and strong and started to cause me heaaches. Does anyone knows if inhaling perume can do any harm to my baby? Hope that doesn't sound like a stuid question But it is really getting to me now. Any ideas if I should say anything to me colleague? I can't go on working like this help!!

Thanks for reading

Sad
mrswolfbane
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
everything smells stronger huny

the perfume wont hurt ur baby at all its probably the same as before u were pregnant but now ur nose is super sensetive.

im 17 weeks 6 days and my fella literally shouts me to smell things for him like im some kind of sniffer dog lol.it is hard and u can feel overwhelmed but its just a case of getting on with sadly theres not much u can do for a hieghtened sense of smell.
Sheribaby
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:06 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply, it has reassured me alot. O know you poor thing I would be throwing up all the time if my husband kept asking me to do that. Your about the same amount of weeks as me when is your due date? Mine is July 8th. It's awul having such a strong sense of smell. I think I would rather not be able to smell at all lol

Thanks again

Very Happy x
mrswolfbane
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:10 pm 
Post subject:
2nd of july although for some reason for the past month ive been telling ppl 2nd of june lol.

its a big joke in our family now ive been here twice before so know what to expect as much as anyone can really.

they even had me checking to see if a wet patch was a drink the kids had split or an accident they had,had how cheeky is that thankfully they had spilt water could have been soooo much worse lol.

if they want go a cafe they let me walk in first to see if il be able to stomache the smell half the time ive ran out so ive just banned cafe and eating out foods lol.

if u try and laugh about it its much easier to cope with.
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:18 pm 
Post subject:
a couple of weeks ago, i loved coleslaw! i'm only 6 wks at the mo, but about 3 days ago i opened my beloved tub of coleslaw to go with my breakfast and the smell just made me heave, it was horrible! i can't go near the stuff at the moment and the thing is i love eating it!!! Sad Sad not fair! Sad
Sheribaby
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:01 am 
Post subject:
Lol that does sound funny, that sounds like a good idea to try and laugh about it would definalty make me feel a bit better will defo have to try that. I have had two babies before but never remeber being like this. Does it just go away when you have had the baby?

x
Sheribaby
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:03 am 
Post subject:
Hi there

Yeah I am havng trouble as I love cheese and finding it really hard to not eat the soft stuff. I told my husband when I have had the baby that I want the fridge packed out with soft cheese. What makes it harder is that I am a veggie . O well. It won't be long and I am sure you will just love that coleslaw again. Hard isn't it.

x
cardea
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:45 pm 
Post subject: aftershave
I'm 35 weeks now and the sickness has passed, but in the first 4 months i felt really sick anytime i smelt my stepdads aftershave ! . The thing is it is nice expensive aftershave. Recently he has started wearing it again after getting a new bottle for christmas adn if i smell it now it brings back all the nausea that i had in the first 4 months - BLURGH ! Laughing
Sheribaby
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:16 pm 
Post subject:
O know, I no exactley how you feel, awful isn't it. Have you said anything to him that it makes you feel so sick.? I am just hoping it goes away after I have had the baby, lucky you are nearly at the end. It's strange how sensitive your nose gets whilst preggie hey.

x
cardea
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:56 pm 
Post subject: Smelly stepdad
Hi 1 Thanks for the reply. No, i hav'nt said anything to my stepdad, i would'nt want to upset him with my weirdnss - also, the baby is due in only a few weeks so i am hopping that i will keep hugs with him very brief and hope that the nausea vanishes after the baby is here ! To be fair, my husbands aftershve made me feel sick for a few mnoths as well to the point that i banned him from wearing it. And it was not cheap stuff either ! I usually love the smell of Karma perfume and bodylotion from lush - in fact my mum brought me the perfume and body lotion for my birthday in July - it has sat unused on my bathroom cabinet as the smell of it makes me want to vomit since i became pregnant ! Razz
MB2
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:45 am 
Post subject:
I know how you feel about the smells. I've invested more money in spray fresheners, candles, incense & essential oils to burn than is reasonable considering there's a baby about! And don't talk about getting on the bus. I'm in glasgow so you can only imagine the smells wafting from people as they hop on.....
gingin
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:03 pm 
Post subject:
thankgod i am not the only sniffer dog out there !! sense of smell gone of the ricter scale so to speak - have all the windows open all the time - cant stand cooking especially - am hating cooking too - we are having toilet issues with our 3 cats at the moment they are protesting about the fact they are in a new house and we have a puppy bouncing around now - i walked in the front door yesterday & knew instantly someone had done something sadly i sniffed it out in 5 seconds and havent been able to go in the room since !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular