Nervous about operation

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:11 am 
Post subject: Nervous about operation
hi ladies

just hoping for some reassurance I think from anyone else who's baby has had an op. Isaac is booked in for his cleft palate repair in 13 day's time, and although in my head I know it is a fairly routine op, and will all be fine - in my heart I just want to cry every time I think about him having to have a general anasthaetic.

I'm also really worried about the nil by mouth thing - when he wakes in the hospital on the morning of the op and I can't give him any milk (his op is at 9 and he normally wakes between 7 and 8.) its going to be horrible knowing he's hungry and upset Sad
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:37 am 
Post subject:
Aw im so sorry for you devonmum and it must be awful thinking about it but do try not to worry as you said it is routine and will be over in no time, and before you know it he will be abck to himself, Best of luck, xxx

DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:07 pm 
Post subject:
thx for your thoughts. I just really hate the thought of needles in him - his jabs were bad enough!! So silly to worry, but he's just so little for such a big thing to happen Sad
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:20 pm 
Post subject:
He is but you wouldnt believe how tough and resilient they are even at that age and at the end of the day its the best thing for him and what he needs. Just think how much things have progressed over the years, years ago there was no 'cure' for want of a better word for a cleft pallette, now ur lil boy will have a perfectly normal life. Do try not to worry coz u dont want him picking up on it either! The very best of luck to all the family and i will be thinking of ye.Everything will be just fine xxx

Katiemomma
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hope everything goes well - am sure he will be grumpy for his hour without food but what man isn't - will be thinking of you both on the day
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular