Confusing period and ovulation prediction tests

amycc
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:37 pm 
Post subject: Confusing period and ovulation prediction tests
I miscarried in December and then had a 'normal' af at beginning of January, and then again at the end of Jan - my cycle is about 25 days normally, so that was normal. I then got an OPK to see what would happen the next month, and it appeared to show ovulation much later than I predicted, so thought my af would be like 28 days after the last one. So, then I got bleeding only after 22 days, and thought maybe it was implantation bleeding, cos it was so light, but then it got heavier the next day, but then it only lasted 3 days - really short for me! This month I've tried the OPK and it hasn't showen ovulation at all. I just don't know what to think! Why was my af so early, or was it actually not a proper one, and could I be pregnant? Or maybe my body is just being a bit weird, trying to settle down after miscarrying. It's just that I did have 2 normal afs in January. Arrrgh - it's very confusing! It's hard not to get obsessed or stressed about it! I'm trying to be patient and wait till the next af is due and then if it doesn;t come, then I might take a preg test. Any thoughts anyone? Anyone else had a weird period and then discover they were pregnant? Thanks!
Sanje
Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:22 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds very confusing. I would just do a pregnancy test to confirm or deny that one worry and then wait for your next AF before trying those OPK. Sounds like your body is still adjusting to normal and its also the case that occasionally you won't ovulate when you expect to or not at all.
amycc
Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:24 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for support! I guess I don't want to do a preg test until af comes or doesn't, because I know then I'll get into the habit of doing them al the time! I think I'll just try to be patient for 2 weeks or so and then see!
Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular