bathing

tinajane
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:22 am 
Post subject: bathing
my little 1 is now 13 wks old, since she was born she has hated bathing, she actually screams when she is bathed, i know its not jus me because she screamed when she was bathed in hospital and she screames when me or my husband bath her, i ve tried everythin i can think of, i ve even bought a bath sponge that she can lye on in the bath, but not even that works, im gettin really worried now because she is getting stronger and its getting more and more difficult to bath her, if any1 has any advice for me please help
thanks tina
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:41 am 
Post subject:
hi tina,

i had the same problem with my daughter she was scream so bad when i put her in the bath she is ok now though all i did was persevere with her let her have dummy in the bath with her and make sure i didnt cut down baths and eventually one day she was ok very strange.

Beck4
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:33 pm 
Post subject: bathtime
Hi Tina.
Have you tried getting in the bath with her so you can give her a cuddle at the same time? You can then gradually introduce a bit of space between you, toys, and eventually the sponge or bath seat. Dont forget the non slip mat and/ or an extra pair of hands until you get used to getting in and out. Also, although bathtime is helpful in a nightime routine, if it is not relaxing, have you tried doing it in the morning instead (lots of babies get too tired and grumpy by the evening) Hope that helps
ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hey

My bf used 2 hav a bath with my son so he culd cuddle him and he seemd to like it more than bathing on his own! ( the baby that is, not the bf lol )
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:50 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for all ur advice but i think i ve cracked it, shes jus stopped crying while im bathin her, i guess shes jus excepted the fact that shes gotta be bathed, lol
thanks again tina x
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:00 pm 
Post subject:
i was going to say the same thing, mine loved being in the bath with me and i loved it too, having the skin on skin contact when you put them on your chest in a warm bath is so soothing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular