Worried FIRST TIME MOM!!

Britt1029
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:36 am 
Post subject: Worried FIRST TIME MOM!!
As each week passes I get more and more scared thinking of what is going to happen during labor and how big my baby will be. People keep saying that because my stomach is so small at 32 weeks that my baby will be born big, like 8 or 9lbs. I just don't know what to think or know if I will know what to do when the time comes?? I hear alot about being in labor for days sometimes weeks, when do you know when it's really time other than waiting on the PAIN? Help for the baby's sake!
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:30 pm 
Post subject:
my advice is dont listen to stupid comments! everyone is different and as everyones bodies are different everyones bumps will be different too. the worst thing to do is listen to birth stories. i always got annoyed as these so called people giving advice had the chance to experience things on their own but they think theyre experts if they have given birth! this is my third and im worried about birth, thats caz both girls were different so i still wouldnt know what birth this baby will bring! everyones in the same boat no matter 1st time mum, 2nd or third!
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:07 pm 
Post subject:
my sister gave birth to a 9.8lb baby her first time, and said it really wasnt that bad, the only thing she really hated or had problems with was the contractions.

she got the gas and air, and pethadine (prob spelt wrong) injection. and gave birth naturally.

dont think you should worry so much, just think millions and billions of mums have given birth thousands of years before us! lol!! isn't there a way the midwife can roughly estimate the weight of the baby before the actual birth??

would you go for the epidural, if you felt you needed it at the time? At least the option is there. always hear of mums saying 'no, im gonna do it with as little drugs as possible' but i really dont think i could be that brave!

anyways, hope labour goes well for you and that you have a quick and easy birth, try not to worry so much. all the best.
kimberley xo
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:01 am 
Post subject: xx
im only 21 week pregnant and im already scared to death of the birth the stories just keep getting worseand worse from 100 stiches to horrid midwifes im dreadin the birth so much and im def ganna get the epodural xx
bubbles24
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:39 pm 
Post subject: DONT READ BIRTH STORIES!!!
Hey

I gave birth with a 16 week old baby boy - I refused to listen to any baby birth stories from familees, any readings on the internet. I just focused on enjoying being pregnant and doing varoius activities, I was scared too...! I did my basic readings on the pain relief etc and managed to get through my pregnancy with nothing...
And its true - You really FORGET the pain as soon as you see your baby!!

Go in like warriors girls, its something only we can do and its the best thing in the world!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular