back ache

mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:19 pm 
Post subject: back ache
im 20 week and have really bad back pain in my lower back iv been having time off work and my boss is not happy.i rang my midwife and she said when i have my scan i should ask to see a phsyieo (sorry for the [*@!#%*] spelling) she said she dont no what it is at 20 weeks i sunt really have it. i fink its cause i have flat feet. and while standing up at work for 3 hours in one spot then 2 moving around im puting pressure on it. iv already seen the doc and he said i should just put up with it and take paracetmol. but that dont help my boss. i think he thinks im liein or playing on the pregnancy and keeps saying im not ill im pregnant ( i could kill im when he says this) any advice plz xxx
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:30 pm 
Post subject:
first thing is go back to your gp and ask them to refer you to physio, there's a waiting list for this so the sooner your refered the sooner you'll be seen to. your gp can't deny you this, so just demand to be refered, if this proves difficult.

you could also get your doctor to write a note for your boss saying that you have been having back pain and have been refered to physio, that way even if it doesn't shut your boss up, you know you have the upper hand cause you've given a doc's note explaining your situaton. (you should keep a copy of the note for yourself incase u need it for legal reasons, unfair dismissal and that, although would it be likely that would happen)???

i have a bad back since i was 14, and it's no picnic, so i really feel for you here. definately get the phisio as this is a great help, and they also give back strengthening exercises that will help with pain, as im sure you don't want to be feeding you and your baby loads of pain killers.

anyways hope this helps, and the best of luck to you and baby.
kimberley xo
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:05 pm 
Post subject: xx
ty for your reply im goin 2 see doc tmoz ill let ya no how it goes ty again xx
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:15 pm 
Post subject:
well mylillamb, how'd it go??? xo
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:46 pm 
Post subject: xx
she said it was just my ligaments soften and to go self cef for a week and if it ant inproved to get a sick note and just keep taking parcetomaol so nothing to helpful wheni go for my scan on monday ill ask there for any more help x
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:42 pm 
Post subject:
i'd really push for the physio if it's really bad, just that u have to go on a waiting list for the appointment so better to be reffered sooner than later. did you mention it to her?? hope u get it sorted, and good luck on monday.

kimberley xo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular