first tri weight gain

tarynmbrown
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:56 pm 
Post subject: first tri weight gain
I am at the end of 12 weeks and I have only gained half a pound so far. I just had my 12 week drs appt and he said that was fine but if I don't gain weight from here on out is when he will get worried. I am 5'9" and 142 1/2 lbs, i have an average/slim figure. I eat whenever I am hungry and try to hit all the food groups, I also gave up soda (I used to drink it everyday!) Anyway just wondered if anyone else is worried about the same thing.
gingin
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:27 pm 
Post subject:
yep am in week 13 and i lost weight, even now i reckon i have gained about 3 pounds ! if it wasnt for the nausea and my boobs i wouldnt believe i was pregnant- am reading that so many girls are getting a bump already in maternity clothes etc i am still in my old jeans !! i know its all ahead of us so dont worry - by the way i am 5'11 -gX
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:28 pm 
Post subject:
Don't worry too much I am in the same boat. I am 17 weeks and have only gained 2 1/2 pounds so far but baby is fine and the right size etc etc. In fact at my 12 week scan it was bigger than it's date!
Claire xxx
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:24 am 
Post subject:
hi,
my mum was saying to me that if i want to find it easier to shift the baby weight after the birth that i shouldn't gain any weight till im at least around 3 1/2 - 4months. os this right???
i was just going to eat as i usally would, and if i gain weight, at least i'd have the perfect excuse! lol! Very Happy

kimberley x
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:28 am 
Post subject:
i just try to eat healthy. i think no matter when u put weight on during pregnancy its hard to shift!
cardea
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:55 pm 
Post subject: weight loss
Hi girls,

i would'nt worry too much. By 22 weeks i had actually lost 21lbs - this was down to severe morning sickness and a healthy change in diet. My midwife assured me the baby was fine and takes what it needs from you first and foremost.

Good luck and i hope you continue to have healthy pregnancies X
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular