Feeling low

Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:13 am 
Post subject: Feeling low
Hi everyone,

Am nearly 39 weeks pregnant and feel really low and miserable. Feel lonely as all my friends etc work full time and I'm at home on maternity leave. Everything is ready for the baby and I don't know what to do with myself. Just want baby to arrive now, but know I could still be waiting for a couple of weeks if it doesn't arrive on time.

Any suggestions to keep me sane and cheer me up?

LD
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:39 am 
Post subject:
hey Lucky

keep yourself busy with fun stuff that you won't have time/energy for when baby arrives - spa pamper days, hairdressers for a new 'do' (think of all the photos people will take of you and baby!!), leg wax, whatever you fancy really. Swimming and sunbathing are also good feel-good things for late pg - sun is good for your mood, and swimming feels great cos your weightless.

Also, you could try writing down a load of stuff for the baby - you can buy 'baby's first year' type scrapbooks, or you can make it up yourself - I think its a lovely idea for baby to one day be able to read about how you felt at this time, plus you can stick in things like newspaper headlines from the weeks leading up to the birth, and the actual birthday etc. All good fun, and keeps you occupied for a week or two!!

Anna
xx
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:40 am 
Post subject:
hi luckyducky, i got ages to go yet. but i can sympathise with a bit but i know yours is a waiting games now. when i had my daughter 11 years ago i was off work the whole time and with this pregnancy i can't work so get very bored and oh has been working away. hopefully i'll get to your stage this time and if i do think i'm gonna put my feet up and relax. have you got family near you?? people you can chat to on the phone?? thats how i fill my days, ringing people and internet. your be so busy soon just try and relax and try to enjoy the time you have to yourself. claire xx
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:50 am 
Post subject:
Thanks guys, am trying to just enjoy the time but get bored very easily. Unfortunately all my family work too, and, although I do have one relative close who doesn't, she always seems busy with playgroups, music group etc with her son. Guess I just need to learn to relax and pamper myself! Not used to it, but know I'll have no time for it once baby is born. Already done the new hairdo thing!

Thanks again, any more ideas gratefully received.

LD
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:27 am 
Post subject: xx
hiya hun...i no how u feel about bein fed up and just want bab 2 come...i just keep taking out his clothes and folding them again lol....and a nice dvd and lots ov choccy helps aswell lol x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular