I have sooooo many questions! Please help x x

lozNic
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:53 pm 
Post subject: I have sooooo many questions! Please help x x
This is my first baby and ive never been so scared of anything! Im 34 weeks pregnant and having a little girl. Id like to know what the worse case senario is for labour please? i figure that that way i will virtually see anyting even slightly better as a plus that way. Ive read books but is there anything else that i should know that im unlikely to have read about? At my local hospital i was told that epidurals (im realy set on having one) are given on a 9-5 basis unless its an emergancy. So realistically what are my chances of being able to have one? Are tens machines and rasberry leaf tablets effective? Ive also read that giving baby a dummy reduces the chance of cot death by 50%, thats one of my main worries. Is there anything else i can do? Ive also decided not to breast feed as i plan on going back to college after 6 weeks, is there a formula you would reccomend as being the best? Thankyou x all the best x LozNic
IrishMammy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:32 am 
Post subject:
Hi IozNic!
I am 39 weeks today and having a planned home birth. I had a million and one questions too Very Happy The rasberry tea is said to make your contractions stronger (or so I have read somewhere). I have hired a TENS machine from Mothercare and they are said to work very well but you do have the make the most of the machine by putting it on your back when you feel your first contractions - that way you get the most effective pain relief from it!

Regarding the epidural - it all depends on if an anaesthtist is on shift when you go into labour and what the procedure is for your particular hospital. This link might help with that question but not 100% sure: http://www.ic.nhs.uk/statistics-and-data-collections/hospital-care/maternity/nhs-maternity-statistics-2005-06

Giving your baby a dummy does reduce the risk of cot death but you dont have to worry if the dummy falls out whilst your baby is sleeping - you dont need to keep putting it back in its mouth. I dont know if I have been any help but thought I would reply Very Happy

Take care xxxx
booter
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:45 am 
Post subject:
Congrats to you both. One week to go then Irishmummy? Loznic I am the same as you and feeling equally as nervous as you about the fourthcoming labour. Although, I don't think you should be listening to the horror stories of labour because it's bound to make you feel worse and plus every birth is different. The best advice that someone gave me was that labour takes alot of stamina and endurance so the fitter you are the easier it will be. I must admit I am not the fittest I have ever been but I've tried to remain active. With 6 weeks to go try going for a walk every day or doing some pregnancy stretches. Best of luck to you, I'm sure you'll be fine. xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular