sex of the baby!

cassandra
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:50 pm 
Post subject: sex of the baby!
hi im 20 weeks pregnant and went in for an ultrasound 4 days ago and was told that they think im having a girl.but the baby wasnt really cooperating so i was just wondering if anyone has known a doctor to be wrong about this sorta of thing. Confused
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun. They can only be 98% sure but thats pretty accurate. I honestly don't think they'd have said if they weren't really sure if girl or boy. My cousin wanted to find out babies sex at 20 week scan but the sonographer couldn't tell and told her this. If they can't tell at all they won't guess so she was probably pretty sure hun xx
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:47 pm 
Post subject:
ok Very Happy thnx! & congrats on your pregnancy
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:58 pm 
Post subject:
on my scan it was pretty clear it was a boy, but when my friend had her scan 2 years ago she was told she was having a boy. lets just say her little girl spent the first few months in blue...they had way to much to start exchanging. so it does happen.
Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:07 am 
Post subject:
My sonographer said she is 100% sure he's a boy!! We've bought bundles and bundles of boys clothes and granny's started knitting in Blue so I hope the sonog isn't wrong!!
going4four
Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:20 pm 
Post subject:
They got it wrong with me twice, my first 2 were meant to be girls but turned out boys lol.

Carrie
MrsMummy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
i knew a lady who brought all blue painted the room blue and everything and out popped a girl, infact i know 3 seperate people that have been told the wrong sex from the scan.
but with my last one they said they were 95% it was a boy and he was, i know hundeds of people who have been told the right sex and only 3 who have been told wrong
xXMummytoMatildaXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:21 pm 
Post subject:
When's the earliest you can find out the sex?
My NHS trust won't tell you because there's so many muslim women in the community, and they abort girls. How much does it cost privatley?
Shocking it works that way isn't it Sad

Xx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:11 pm 
Post subject:
hi casandra,

wne i had my 20 week scan they told us it was 60% a girl because she had her legs crossed. but they were rite she turned out to be a girl

hi navygirl,

the earliest you can find out on nhs is at ur 20 week scan. dont no how mnuhc this costs privatley though.

Holmesy
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Navygirl, we had a private scan purely to find out sex of baby and it cost 90 x
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:41 pm 
Post subject:
wow thats awful that they won't tell you, you have every right to know, i also think its very wrong that muslim woman abort girls
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:56 pm 
Post subject:
I think it's absolutely atrocious that some hospitals won't tell you the sex. Fortunately ours did but if they hadn't have done, I would probably have gone down the data protection act route!! We're having a 4d scan anyway on 2nd August which will tell you the sex if you ask. It's about 1 hour long, you get a 10 minute DVD all the images on a CD rom and 4 glossy prints for 120. All in all not bad. I think they call it a bonding scan...?

petalou
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:28 pm 
Post subject: Re: sex of the baby!
They are 90% sure. My my friend had a private scan and was told it was a girl then found out at her next scan it was a boy.I have had a private scan and have been told it is a girl and am worried now because of what she was told
petalou
Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:40 pm 
Post subject:
It cost me 75 for a private gender scan. The doctor offered me another one this week as the baby only showed the gender area once so he wants another look to be sure. Private scans are so much more relaxing than having a hospital scan and i am going back to have the 3d scan later in my pregnancy. xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular